The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express earns 2 Membership Rewards Points per $1 spent on the first $50,000 in purchases made during the year. Points can be redeemed for 1 cent each for airfare through American Express, be transferred to AMEX's airline and hotel partners for a chance at more value, or redeemed towards a large list of other redemptions (such as gift cards or statement credits) for a lower value. The Blue Business Plus Credit Card is a great option for any small business looking to earn rewards and it is also a great card to pair with any other Membership Rewards credit card. It is one of the best no annual fee business credit cards on the market.
|Authorized User Fee|
|Foreign Transaction Fee|
|Rates & Fees||See Rates & Fees|
Rewards Rate Details
The Blue Business Plus Credit Card does not feature any bonus categories. It earns Membership Rewards Points at a rate of 2 points per $1 spent on the first $50,000 in purchases made during the year. After that, you'll earn 1 point per $1 spent for the remainder of the year. There's no limit to the amount of points you can earn with the card overall.
- 2x On First $50,000 In Purchases
- 1x for the remainder of the calendar year after reaching cap.
Perks & Benefits
The Blue Business Plus Credit Card allows you to spend beyond your limit. Outside of that, it features your standard American Express business card benefits found on most of their cards.
- Expanded Buying Power
- Spend beyond your designated credit limit up to a hidden cap.
- Spend over the limit will be due during the next statement along with the minimum payment amount.
- AMEX Offers*
- AMEX Entertainment Access
- AMEX Business Card Benefits
- Travel & Purchase Coverage
You can use the rewards calculator to calculate how many points, miles, or cash back you can earn based on your spend per category. This calculator will also give you the dollar value of the card based on the value of the rewards earned and how much each benefit is worth to you, minus the annual fees. You can click the Compare A Card button to compare this card side by side any other card featured on the site within the same calculator.
All category spend entered in the primary card's column (first column when comparing cards) will carry over to all credit card calculators on the site. This means you will not have to re-enter the same information again and again when browsing during the session.
- Earn 15,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $3,000 in eligible purchases on the Card within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 2X Membership Rewards® points on everyday business purchases such as office supplies or client dinners. 2X applies to the first $50,000 in purchases per year, 1 point per dollar thereafter.
- You've got the power to use your Card beyond its credit limit* with Expanded Buying Power.
- *The amount you can spend above your credit limit is not unlimited. It adjusts with your use of the Card, your payment history, credit record, financial resources known to American Express, and other factors.
- 0.0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable rate, 13.24% - 19.24%, based on your creditworthiness and other factors at account opening.
- No Annual Fee
- Terms Apply.
Is the Blue Business Plus a charge card?
No. The Blue Business Plus Card is a credit card. It will show you your available balance and let you know how much credit you have left. It does allow you to spend over your limit to a certain point.
Is the Blue Business Plus a great card?
Yes. It's one of the best small business credit cards on the market and it pairs well with just about all Membership Rewards credit cards. It's so good that people even use it as a personal credit card.
Does the Blue Business Plus Card have a sign up bonus?
The card usually does not offer a sign up bonus, but you can sometimes get one using a referral link. You can also check our partners list of Current Offers for business cards to see one is available.
Which is better, the AMEX Blue Business Plus or AMEX Blue Business Cash Card?
The AMEX Blue Business Cash Card is the better option if you don't plan on redeeming rewards towards airfare and transferring points to AMEX's transfer partners. You can use the Blue Business Plus vs Blue Business Cash Calculator to find out which is best for you.