Earning rewards on business spend can be used to help cut down expenses by applying them towards statement balances, big ticket purchases, or even travel. Review the best business credit cards and calculate which cards can earn your business the best return based on spend.
Best Business Credit Cards
Business credit cards can be very beneficial as they can earn rewards that can be put back into the business. They also offer a numerous amount of other benefits including purchase protection, 0% intro APR, expense tracking tools, discounts on business purchases, travel benefits such as complimentary elite status, and much more.
This page details our top picks for the best business credit cards from our partners. You can use the calculator to estimate which business cards can earn you the best average return on your spend.
The cards on this page are updated periodically. New cards are introduced from time to time and the benefits of current cards could change at any time. You can use our Credit Card Finder Tool to search by spend across all credit cards in our database.
Best Card For Lounge Access & Business Travelers
If you're looking for luxury travel benefits and access to over 1,200 lounges worldwide, you'll want to consider The Business Platinum Card® from American Express.
The card offers a long (and I mean long) list of benefits, but it is most known for access to the American Express Global Lounge Collection which grants access to: American Express Centurion Lounges, Priority Pass Lounges, Delta SkyClub Lounges (when flying Delta), Airspace Lounges, and Escape Lounges.
Along with lounge access, the card offers $200 in airline incidental credits, $200 in annual Dell credits, up to $100 towards Global Entry or TSA PreCheck, $179 in annual CLEAR credits, complimentary elite status with Hilton and Marriott, and much more.
In terms of earning rewards, The Business Platinum Card earns 5X Membership Rewards Points on airfare and hotels booked through the American Express Travel portal. Large single purchases of $5,000 or more will earn you 1.5X points (an additional 0.5 points on the base card earning rate) and all other purchases will earn you 1X points.
Points earned with the card can be transferred to AMEX's hotel and airline partners which includes Delta, JetBlue, Marriott, and Hilton to name a few.
As a Business Platinum Cardholder, you'll also receive a 35% point rebate on airfare bookings which gives your points a value of 1.54 cents each when you factor in the final cost after the rebate.
The Business Platinum Card may have a high annual fee, but you can easily get thousands in value from this card annually.
- Welcome Offer: Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $15,000 on eligible purchases with the Business Platinum Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's an extra half point per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year when you book on amextravel.com.
- Breeze through security with CLEAR® where available and get up to $179 back per year on your membership when you use your Card.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Pay Over Time Option: A flexible payment option to help manage cash flow on purchases of $100 or more.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees
Best For Travel & Business Purchases
One of the best business cards on the market is the Chase Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card.
It earns 3X Ultimate Rewards Points on travel, shipping, internet, cable services, phone services, and advertising purchases while all other purchases earn 1X.
As a cardholder, you'll receive a 25% boost to point value towards travel redemptions made through Chase Ultimate Rewards which gives you an easy point value of 1.25 cents.
Points can also be transferred to Chase's airline and hotel partners which includes United, Southwest, and Hyatt.
Pair the Chase Ink Business Preferred Credit Card card with the Chase Ink Business Cash® Credit Card or Chase Ink Business Unlimited® Credit Card and you'll be able to partake in the 25% point value boost and point transfers with the rewards earned from those cards as well.
- Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Redeem points for cash back, gift cards, travel and more - your points don't expire as long as your account is open
- Purchase Protection covers your new purchases for 120 days against damage or theft up to $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per account
Best Flat-Rate Cash Back Card For High Spend
If your business expenses exceed $5,000 per month and you're looking for a simple cash back credit card, you'll want to check out the Capital One Spark Cash Plus Card.
It earns 2% cash back on all purchases ran through the card with no cap on how much you can earn. The card also offers an annual $200 cash back bonus after spending $200,000 on the card during the year.
Cash back earned can be used to offset business expenses made to the card or be put toward redemptions such as travel and gift cards.
The Capital One Spark Cash Plus Card also has no foreign transaction fee which is great if your business deals with international travel and/or spending.
- Earn up to a $1,000 cash bonus; $500 once you spend $5,000 in the first 3 months, and $500 once you spend $50,000 in the first 6 months of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2% cash back on every purchase, everywhere—with no limits or category restrictions
- Earn an annual $200 cash bonus every year you spend $200,000 or more
- Comes with no preset spending limit, so it can adapt to your needs based on your spending behavior, payment history and credit profile
- Rewards won't expire for the life of the account, and you can redeem your cash back for any amount
- Add employee cards for free, and earn unlimited 2% cash back from their purchases
- $150 annual fee
- Spark Cash Plus has no APR because your balance is due in full every month
- Pay zero foreign transaction fees on purchases made outside of the United States.
Best For Flexibility & Overall Rewards
The American Express® Business Gold Card is one of the best business credit cards on the market for earning flexible rewards.
It earns 4X Membership Rewards Points on two categories you spend the most in during the month on up to the first $150,000 in combined purchases from these select two categories each calendar year.
There's six categories you can choose from which are: airfare, U.S. gas station, U.S. shipping, U.S. advertisement, U.S. restaurant, and U.S. computer hardware/software/cloud computing.
In addition to high earning rates, the card offers a 25% point rebate on airfare redemptions made though the American Express which means you'll use fewer points when booking airfare. This bumps up the value of points and makes the American Express Business Gold Card a great option to pair with any other Membership Rewards credit cards you may own to maximize your rewards.
- Welcome Offer: Earn 70,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 on eligible purchases with the Business Gold Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.*
- More Rewards: Get 4X Membership Rewards® points on the 2 select categories where your business spent the most each month. 1X is earned for other purchases. **
- **4X points apply to the first $150,000 in combined purchases from these 2 categories each calendar year.*
- Airline Bonus: Get 25% points back after you use points for all or part of an eligible flight booked with Amex Travel, up to 250,000 points back per calendar year.*
- Pay Over Time Option: A flexible payment option with interest to help manage cash flow on purchases of $100 or more.*
- *Terms Apply
Best For Office Supply Stores & Utilities
The best credit card for spending at office supply stores and paying for utilities is the Chase Ink Business Cash® Credit Card.
It earns 5% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at office supply stores, and on internet, cable and phone services each account anniversary year. It also earns 2% back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at gas stations and restaurants each account anniversary year as well as 1% back on everything else.
The card earns Ultimate Rewards Points which can be redeemed for cash at 1 cent each. If you pair this card with one of the primary Ultimate Rewards credit cards such as the Chase Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card, you'll be able to take advantage of the point value boost these cards offer as well as be able to transfer your earned rewards to Chase's airline and hotel partners.
- Redeem rewards for cash back, gift cards, travel and more through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- With Fraud Protection your card transactions will be monitored for possible signs of fraudulent activity using real-time fraud monitoring
- With Zero Liability you won't be held responsible for unauthorized charges made with your card or account information
- 0% introductory APR for 12 months on purchases
Best Flat-Rate Rewards Card For Small Businesses
The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express is an excellent card for small businesses that want to earn rewards on their spending.
It earns 2X Membership Rewards Points on the first $50,000 in purchases made during the calendar year, then 1X after that.
Points earned with the card can be redeemed towards travel at a value of 1 cent per point or be transferred to AMEX's airline and hotel partners.
The Blue Business Plus Credit Card is the best option in the Membership Rewards program for miscellaneous purchases and pairs well with just about any card in the program including the American Express Business Gold Card.
- Earn 15,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $3,000 in eligible purchases on the Card within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 2X Membership Rewards® points on everyday business purchases such as office supplies or client dinners. 2X applies to the first $50,000 in purchases per year, 1 point per dollar thereafter.
- You've got the power to use your Card beyond its credit limit* with Expanded Buying Power.
- *The amount you can spend above your credit limit is not unlimited. It adjusts with your use of the Card, your payment history, credit record, financial resources known to American Express, and other factors.
- 0.0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable rate, 13.24% - 19.24%, based on your creditworthiness and other factors at account opening.
- No Annual Fee
- Terms Apply.
Best Flat-Rate Cash Back Card For Small Businesses
The American Express Blue Business Cash™ Card is the best flat-rate cash back credit card for small businesses.
It earns 2% cash back on the first $50,000 in purchases made during the calendar year, then 1% back thereafter for the remainder of the year.
It is the better option over The Blue Business Plus Credit Card if you do not plan on redeeming rewards strictly towards travel.
- Earn a $250 statement credit after you make $3,000 in purchases on your Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn 2% cash back on all eligible purchases on up to $50,000 per calendar year, then 1%. Cash back earned is automatically credited to your statement.
- From workflow to inventory to floor plans, your business is constantly changing. That's why you've got the power to spend beyond your credit limit with Expanded Buying Power.
- Just remember, the amount you can spend above your credit limit is not unlimited. It adjusts with your use of the Card, your payment history, credit record, financial resources known to American Express and other factors.
- 0.0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable rate, 13.24% - 19.24%, based on your creditworthiness and other factors as determined at the time of account opening.
- No Annual Fee
- Terms Apply
Best For Hilton Business Travelers
The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card is one of the best hotel business credit cards available and really one of the best business cards on the market in terms of value.
It earns 12X Hilton Honors Points at Hilton properties, 6X on restaurants, wireless phone providers, gas stations, and shipping purchases all within the U.S., 6X on airfare booked directly with airlines or Amex Travel and car rentals, and 3X spent everywhere else.
Benefits of The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card include complimentary Hilton Honors Gold status, 10 priority pass visits, and the ability to earn up to two Weekend Night Rewards running spend through the card.
Hilton Honors Points don't have a high value, but this card allows you to earn so many that it makes up for the lower redemption values. If your business frequently deals with Hilton, this is the business card you'll want to have as it's returns just can't be matched, especially on Hilton spend.
- Earn 130,000 Bonus Points after you spend $2,000 in purchases on the Hilton Honors Business Card in the first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Plus, you can earn an additional 50,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after you spend a total of $10,000 in purchases on the Card in the first 6 months.
- Earn Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases on your Card: 12X at hotels and resorts in the Hilton portfolio, 6X on Select Business & Travel Purchases, 3X on all other eligible purchases. Terms & Limitations Apply.
- Enjoy complimentary Gold Status with your Hilton Honors Business Card.
- Earn a Weekend Night Reward from Hilton Honors after you spend $15,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year.
- Earn another Weekend Night Reward from Hilton Honors after you spend an additional $45,000 in purchases on your Card in the same calendar year.
- Terms Apply.
Best For Marriott Business Travelers
The Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card is the top-option if you're looking to earn Marriott Bonvoy Points on your business purchases.
The card earns 6X Marriott Bonvoy Points with Marriott, 4X on restaurant, wireless phone providers, gas station, and shipping purchases all within the U.S., and 2X on everything else.
Along with those great earning rates, you'll receive benefits such as an annual free night at a 35,000-point or lower hotel, 15 elite nights towards status, and complimentary Marriott Silver Elite status.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 125,000 Marriott Bonvoy bonus points & 2 bonus Free Night Awards after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in eligible purchases within the first 3 months. Each bonus Free Night Award has a redemption level up to 50K points. Certain hotels have resort fees. Offer ends 11/3/2021.
- 6x points at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program.
- 4x points at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping. 2x points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Silver Elite status with your Card. Plus, earn Gold Elite status after making $35,000 in eligible purchases on your Card in a calendar year.
- Terms Apply.
Best For Frequent Delta Business Travelers
Delta has several business cards, but the most well-rounded card in my opinion is the Delta SkyMiles® Platinum Business American Express Card.
It earns 3X SkyMiles on Delta and hotel purchases, 1.5X SkyMiles on large, single, non-category purchases of $5,000+ and 1X SkyMiles on all other purchases.
One of the best (and most known) benefits of this card is the annual companion pass for Main Cabin. This allows a companion to travel with you for just the cost of taxes and fees. The companion pass alone can easily be worth more than 2X the annual fee with very little effort (it of course depends on where you fly to in the continental US).
The Delta SkyMiles® Platinum Business American Express Card also heavily rewards you if you're able to run heavy spend through it throughout the calendar year. This include bonus Medallion Qualification Miles and an Medallion Qualification Miles Waiver which can both help with Delta Medallion Status.
You and up to 8 others traveling with you will also get a free first checked bag. With bags costing $25 to $30 per direction, per person, this benefit alone can save you hundreds if not thousands per year depending on the amount of flights and persons traveling.
If you frequently fly Delta Airlines and you're looking for top-notch value and benefits, the Delta SkyMiles® Platinum Business American Express Card is what you'll want to consider picking up.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles, 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs), and a $100 statement credit after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer Ends 11/10/21.
- Earn 3 Miles on every dollar spent on eligible purchases made directly with Delta and on every eligible dollar spent on purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 1.5 miles per dollar on single eligible purchases of $5,000 or more (that's an extra half mile per dollar), up to 50,000 additional miles per year. 1 Mile on every eligible dollar spent on other purchases.
- With Status Boost®, earn 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year, up to 2x per year getting you closer to Medallion Status.
- Status-like benefits: First Check Bag Free on Delta flights + Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding.
- Terms and limitations apply.
- See Rates & Fees
Best Business Credit Cards Summary
|Credit Card||Annual Fee||Best For||Rewards Calculator|
|The Business Platinum Card® from American Express||$550||Best Card For Lounge Access & Business Travelers||Learn More|
|Chase Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card||$95||Best For Travel & Business Purchases||Learn More|
|Capital One Spark Cash Plus||$150||Best Flat-Rate Cash Back Card For High Spend||Learn More|
|American Express® Business Gold Card||$295||Best For Flexibility & Overall Rewards||Learn More|
|Chase Ink Business Cash® Credit Card||$0||Best For Office Supply Stores & Utilities||Learn More|
|The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express||$0||Best Flat-Rate Rewards Card For Small Businesses||Learn More|
|American Express Blue Business Cash™ Card||$0||Best Flat-Rate Cash Back Card For Small Businesses||Learn More|
|The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card||$95||Best For Hilton Business Travelers||Learn More|
|Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card||$125||Best For Marriott Business Travelers||Learn More|
|Delta SkyMiles® Platinum Business American Express Card||$250||Best For Frequent Delta Business Travelers||Learn More|
Find The Best Credit Card For Your Business
Use the rewards calculator to get an idea of which business credit cards will offer you the most rewards based on your business spend.
Results will consist of top-rated business credit cards from our partners and will be sorted by net return which is the average value of the rewards earned, plus annual credits, and minus annual fees.
The results below are estimates on how much you can earn based on the spend you entered in the fields above.
Rewards Calculator - Learn more about the card, dive deeper into calculating rewards, and compare the results side by side other cards featured on the site.
View All Offers - Apply for cards through our partner and get the up-to-date details on rates & fees, intro bonuses, credit score recommendations, and more.