Earning rewards on business spend can be used to help cut down expenses by applying them towards statement balances, big ticket purchases, or even travel. Review our top picks for the best business credit cards and find out which credit cards can will earn your business the most points, miles and cash back.
- Earning Rate: Earn 5X Membership Rewards points on flights and prepaid hotels booked through amextravel.com and 1.5X points on eligible purchases at US construction material & hardware suppliers, electronic goods retailers and software & cloud system providers, and shipping providers, as well as on purchases of $5,000 or more everywhere else. All other purchases earn 1X.
- Annual Credits: $400 Dell credit (up to $200 bi-annually), $360 Indeed credit (up to $90 per quarter), $150 Adobe credit, $179 CLEAR credit, $120 in wireless telephone service credits (up to $10 per month).
- Main Highlights: 35% airline bonus (rebate) on flights booked through American Express Travel using points, global lounge access (Centurion lounges, Delta SkyClub lounges, Airspace lounges, Escape lounges, and Priority Pass lounges), superb purchase insurance, complimentary elite status with Hilton and Marriott, and up to $100 towards Global Entry or TSA PreCheck.
- Intro Bonus: Earn 120,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $15,000 on eligible purchases with your Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Annual Fee: $695. Additional Platinum cards are $300 each. (See Rates and Fees)
- Summary: If you're looking for lounge access and you can make good use of at least half of the credits, the Business Platinum Card is a great luxury credit card to have. If you're not big on transferring points to partner, the 35% airline bonus can make the points you earn across all your cards more valuable.
- Earning Rate: Earn 3X points on up to $150,000 on travel, shipping, internet, cable services, phone services, and advertising purchases each account annivesary year. All other purchases earn 1X.
- Main Highlights: 25% point value boost towards travel booked through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
- Intro Bonus: Earn 100k bonus points after you spend $15,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 cash back or $1,250 toward travel when redeemed through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Annual Fee: $95.
- Summary: If your business can make use of the travel and business categories featured on the card, you'll be able to squeeze out a lot of points using this card. Points are easily redeemable for travel at 1.25 cents apiece through Chase or you can transfer them to partners like Southwest, United, and Hyatt for more value.
- Earning Rate: Earn an unlimited 2% cash back on all purchases.
- Annual Credits: Annual $200 cash back every year that you spend $200,000 on the card.
- Main Highlights: No foreign transaction fee.
- Intro Bonus: Earn up to a $1,000 cash bonus; $500 once you spend $5,000 in the first 3 months, and $500 once you spend $50,000 in the first 6 months of account opening.
- Annual Fee: $0 the first year, then $95.
- Summary: If you're looking for a simple 2% cash back business card that you can use worldwide with no cap on how much you can earn, the Spark Cash Plus is an excellent option. You'll want to strive for at least $30K spend annually on the card.
- Earning Rate: Earn 4X Membership Rewards points on the two select categories your business spent the most each month on up to $150,000 in spend during the calendar year. 1X on all other purchases.
- Main Highlights: 25% airline bonus (rebate) on flights booked through American Express Travel using points.
- Intro Bonus: Earn 70,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 on eligible purchases with the Business Gold Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Annual Fee: $295. (See Rates and Fees)
- Summary: If there's two 4X categories on this card that your business spends at least a combined $4K or more in, you will not beat the value this card offers. Maxing out the 4X categories ($12.5K combined spending per month in two 4X categories) will earn you 600K points which is worth anywhere from $6K to $12K+ towards travel.
- Earning Rate: Earn 5% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at office supply stores, and on internet, cable and phone services each account anniversary year, 2% back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at gas stations and restaurants each account anniversary year, and 1% back on everything else.
- Main Highlights: High earning rates and the ability to transfer points to other Chase credit cards.
- Intro Bonus: Limited Time Offer! Earn $900 bonus cash back after you spend $6,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
- Annual Fee: $0.
- Summary: This card is at the top when it comes to earning cash back across it's 5% categories. If you're looking for travel redemptions, points earned with this card can be transferred to the Ink Business Preferred and Sapphire Cards. You'll then be able to redeem them for higher value (1.25 - 1.5 cents) or transfer them to Chase's partners.
- Earning Rate: Earn 2X points on the first $50,000 in purchases made during the calendar year, then 1X after that.
- Main Highlights: Double points at no annual fee.
- Intro Bonus: Earn 15,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $3,000 in eligible purchases on the Card within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Annual Fee: $0. (See Rates and Fees)
- Summary: This is one of the best small business credit cards for travel. It's also the best for miscellaneous purchases and pairs well with just about any Membership Rewards credit card. Points can be redeemed for high value by transferring them to AMEX's large list of partners which includes Delta Airlines, British Airways, and Marriott Bonvoy.
- Earning Rate: Earn 2% cash back on the first $50,000 in purchases made during the calendar year, then 1% back thereafter for the remainder of the year.
- Main Highlights: Double cash back at no annual fee.
- Intro Bonus: Earn a $250 statement credit after you make $3,000 in purchases on your Card in your first 3 months.
- Annual Fee: $0. (See Rates and Fees)
- Summary: This is one of the best small business credit cards for cash back. If you're not one for transferring points to partners, this will be the better card over the Blue Business Plus.
- Earning Rate: Earn 12X Hilton Honors points at Hilton properties, 6X on restaurants, wireless phone providers, gas stations, and shipping purchases all within the U.S., 6X on airfare booked directly with airlines or Amex Travel and car rentals, and 3X spent everywhere else.
- Main Highlights: 10 Priority Pass visits, complimentary Hilton Honors Gold status, and ability to earn up to 2 weekend night rewards.
- Intro Bonus: Earn 130,000 Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 in purchases on the Hilton Honors Business Card in the first 3 Months of Card Membership.
- Annual Fee: $95. (See Rates and Fees)
- Summary: This is one of the best business credit cards in the market in terms of value. Hilton points aren't worth a lot compared to other programs, but this card allows you to earn so many that it makes up for it. If you frequent Hilton Hotels, you'll want to have this card.
- Earning Rate: Earn 6X Marriott Bonvoy points at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program, 4X on restaurant, wireless phone providers, gas station, and shipping purchases all within the U.S., and 2X on everything else.
- Main Highlights: Annual 35K free night reward, complimentary Marriott Gold status, and 15 elite nights towards achieving higher status.
- Intro Bonus: Earn 75,000 Marriott Bonvoy Bonus Points after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Annual Fee: $125. (See Rates and Fees)
- Summary: This is the best credit card for earning Marriott points on Marriott purchases. The free night award can land you at a low-to-mid category hotel, plus you can top off the certificate using points from your account. The 15 elite nights earned with this card stacks with the elite nights from Marriott's personal cards meaning you can start the year with 30 or 45 elite nights which is fantastic if you're going for a higher status.
- Earning Rate: Earn 3 SkyMiles per $1 spent on Delta and hotel purchases, 1.5 SkyMiles per $1 spent on large, single, non-category purchases of $5,000+ and 1 SkyMile per $1 spent on all other purchases.
- Main Highlights: Annual Main Cabin companion pass, ability to earn up to 20K MQMs spending on the card, reduced Delta SkyClub access, and free checked bag (up to 8 people).
- Intro Bonus: Earn 60,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Annual Fee: $250. (See Rates and Fees)
- Summary: The card's annual fee is handled by the annual companion pass which can provide exceptional value. I've been able to easily squeeze $300 to $400 out of the benefit every year. If you normally pay for bags, you'll also save $30 per direction, per person which adds up really quickly.
Best Business Credit Cards Summary
|Credit Card||Annual Fee||Best For|
|The Business Platinum Card® from American Express||$550||Lounge Access & Business Luxury Travel|
|Chase Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card||$95||Travel & Business Purchases|
|Capital One Spark Cash Plus||$150||Heavy Business Spenders|
|American Express® Business Gold Card||$295||Flexibility & Business Rewards|
|Chase Ink Business Cash® Credit Card||$0||Office Supply Stores & Utilities|
|The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express||$0||Travel Rewards For Small Business|
|American Express Blue Business Cash™ Card||$0||Cash Back Rewards For Small Business|
|The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card||$95||Hilton Business Travelers|
|Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card||$125||Marriott Business Travelers|
|Delta SkyMiles® Platinum Business American Express Card||$250||Frequent Delta Business Travelers|
Business Credit Card Rewards Calculator
Use the business credit card rewards calculator to find out which business cards will earn you the most rewards based on the business expense amounts entered into the tool.
Results will consist of top-rated business credit cards from our partners and will be sorted by net return which is the average value of the rewards earned, plus annual credits, and minus annual fees.
No Results. This is usually due to:
- There's no good card options based on the spend entered.
- The calculator is having a brain-fart and is not calculating rewards properly.
Enter different values or try again later.
These estimates are to help guide you towards making the best decision when it comes to picking up a rewards credit card. They should be used for illustrative purposes only.
You can click on the estimated earnings to see the calculations or click on the card to learn more and apply for the card through our partners.
Do note that all spend amounts entered into the tool above will carry over to every credit card rewards calculator on the site, so there's no need to re-enter spend if you choose to dive deeper into calculating rewards for credit cards on the site.