Best Citi Credit Cards
Citi offers a variety of credit cards ranging for co-branded airlines cards to top-rated travel rewards cards.
Here's our top picks for best Citi Rewards credit cards:
- Citi Premier® Card: Best for everyday spending & travel.
- Citi Rewards+® Card: Best for general rewards.
- Citi Custom Cash℠ Card: Best for automatically maximizing cash back.
- Citi® Double Cash Card: Best no annual fee 2% back card.
- American Airlines AAdvantage® MileUp®: Best for earning AA miles at no annual fee.
- Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite Mastercard®: Best for Admirals Club® Membership.
Citi Premier® Card
- Earning Rate: Earn an unlimited 3X points on restaurant, supermarket, gas station, air travel, and hotel purchases and 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases.
- Annual Credits: $100 hotel credit when you book a $500+ hotel stay through thankyou.com.
- Main Highlights: Grants the ability to transfer ThankYou Rewards points to Citi's full list of airline and hotel partners.
- Annual Fee: $95.
- Summary: This is the best card for JetBlue travelers as well as the best card for earning points transferable to multiple 5-star international frequent flyer programs. If you want to easily build up valuable points on everyday spending and redeem them for high value towards some of the best first and business class products in the world, sweep this card up. Pair it with the Citi® Double Cash Card for 2X back, Citi Custom Cash℠ Card to earn 5X on one eligible category, and the Citi Rewards+® Card for a 10% point rebate.
Citi Rewards+® Card
- Earning Rate: Earn 2X points on up to $6,000 in combined annual spend at supermarkets and gas stations (then 1X) and 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases.
- Main Highlights: 10% point rebate and point round up perk.
- Annual Fee: $0.
- Summary: It's a solid travel rewards card for earning points, but it's the perks that pulls this card into view. The 10% rebate bumps up the value of your ThankYou Rewards points and makes it great for pairing with other cards in the family. The point round up is also a solid benefit that can net you some bonus points if you know how to use it.
Citi Custom Cash℠ Card
- Earning Rate: Earn 5% back on purchases in your top eligible spend category each billing cycle on up to the first $500 spent (then 1%). 1% back on all other purchases.
- Main Highlights: High earning rate at no annual fee.
- Annual Fee: $0
- Summary: Choose an eligible category that you spend about $500 in per month and watch the rewards rack up. Pair this with the Citi Premier Card for high point value towards travel or with the Citi® Double Cash Card to earn 2% back on all purchases you don't use the Custom Cash for.
Citi® Double Cash Card
- Earning Rate: Earn 2% back on all purchases. That's 1% back on the purchase and 1% back when you pay off those purchases.
- Main Highlights: 2% back at no annual fee that can be combined with other Citi cards.
- Annual Fee: $0
- Summary: This is the best Citi credit card for miscellaneous purchases. A uncapped 2% back that can be paired with Citi Custom Cash for an excellent cash back combo or with the Citi Premier Card for an excellent travel rewards combo.
American Airlines AAdvantage® MileUp®
- Earning Rate: Earn 2X AAdvantage Miles on American Airlines purchases and at grocery stores, and 1X on everything else.
- Main Highlights: 25% off in-flight purchases and no annual fee.
- Annual Fee: $0.
- Summary: If you want to earn AAdvantage miles at no annual fee, this is the card to have. It will also benefit you if you make in-flight purchases of food and beverage as you'll get 25% off.
Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite Mastercard®
- Earning Rate: Earns 2 AAdvantage Miles per $1 spent on AA purchases and 1 mile per $1 spent on all other purchases.
- Main Highlights: Admirals Club® Membership, priority perks, free checked bags (up to 8 people), and up to $100 towards Global Entry or TSA PreCheck.
- Annual Fee: $450.
- Summary: This card is a no-brainer if you want access to Admiral Clubs since buying membership straight from American Airlines will cost you anywhere from $550 to $1,250. On top of that, you'll receive all the additional benefits that comes with the card.
Citi Credit Card Rewards Calculator
Use the Citi Credit Card Rewards calculator to find out which cards will earn you the most points, cash back, or miles based on the spend amounts you enter into the tool.
Results will consist of top-rated Citi credit cards from our partners. They will be sorted by net return which is the average value of the total rewards earned, plus annual credits, and minus annual fees.
No Results. This is usually due to:
- There's no good card options based on the spend entered.
- The calculator is having a brain-fart and is not calculating rewards properly.
Enter different values or try again later.
These estimates are to help guide you towards making the best decision when it comes to picking up a rewards credit card. They should be used for illustrative purposes only.