If you're looking to earn rewards redeemable towards travel, you'll want to make sure you have the best travel rewards credit cards that fits your type of spend. This page details or top picks for best credit cards for earning travel rewards. You can also calculate which cards earn you the most travel rewards and the best return based on your spend, the value of card benefits, and annual fees.
The Point Calculator's top picks for best credit cards for travel rewards are:
- American Express® Gold Card: Best For Dining & U.S. Supermarket
- Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card: Best For Flexible Rewards
- Citi Premier® Card: Best For Dining & Travel
- The Platinum Card® from American Express: Best For Airport Lounge Access
- Chase Sapphire Reserve®: Best For High-Value Rewards
- Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card: Best For Rewards at No Annual Fee
- Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card: Best For Business Travel & Expenses
- Capital One Spark Miles for Business: Best For Flat-Rate Earnings On Business Spend
- The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card: Best For Business Hotel Travel
- Rose Gold is back. You can now choose between Gold or Rose Gold.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $4,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 6 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® Points at Restaurants, including takeout and delivery, and earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per calendar year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- $120 Uber Cash on Gold: Add your Gold Card to your Uber account and each month automatically get $10 in Uber Cash for Uber Eats orders or Uber rides in the U.S., totaling up to $120 per year.
- $120 Dining Credit: Earn up to a total of $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with the Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Ruth's Chris Steak House, Boxed, and participating Shake Shack locations. This can be an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- Get up to 12 complimentary months of an Uber Eats Pass subscription when you enroll with your Gold Card by 12/31/21.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees
- Earn unlimited 2X miles on every purchase, every day
- Miles won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how many you can earn
- Receive up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®
- Redeem on travel—including flights, vacation rentals, car rentals and more. Plus transfer your miles to over 15+ travel loyalty programs
- No foreign transaction fees
- Annual $100 Hotel Savings Benefit
- No expiration and no limit to the amount of points you can earn with this card
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on purchases
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member and Additional Centurion Cards only.
- Enjoy complimentary access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits through American Express Travel with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts® program at over 1,100 properties.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. That’s up to $50 in statement credits semi-annually. Enrollment required.
- Terms Apply.
- $300 annual travel credit as a reimbursement for travel purchases charged to the account
- 50% point value boost when you redeem points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Access to 1,000+ airport lounges worldwide after enrollment in Priority Pass™ Select
- Up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®
- $0 annual fee and no foreign transaction fees
- Earn unlimited 1.25X miles on every purchase, every day
- Miles won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how many you can earn.
- Use your miles to fly any airline, stay at any hotel, anytime.
- Transfer your miles to over 15+ travel loyalty programs
- Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Redeem points for cash back, gift cards, travel and more - your points don't expire as long as your account is open
- Purchase Protection covers your new purchases for 120 days against damage or theft up to $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per account
- Earn unlimited 2X miles per dollar on every purchase, everywhere, no limits or category restrictions, and miles won't expire for the life of the account
- Transfer your miles to 15+ leading travel loyalty programs like JetBlue™, Air Canada, and Emirates™
- Redeem miles instantly for any travel-related purchases, from flights and hotels to ride-sharing services
- Fly through security with one statement credit for either the $85 TSA Pre✓® application fee or the $100 Global Entry application fee
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year; $95 after that
- Free employee cards, which also earn unlimited 2X miles on all purchases
- Enjoy complimentary Gold Status with your Hilton Honors Business Card.
- Earn a Weekend Night Reward from Hilton Honors after you spend $15,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year.
- Earn another Weekend Night Reward from Hilton Honors after you spend an additional $45,000 in purchases on your Card in the same calendar year.
- Relax with 10 free airport lounge visits each year once enrolled in complimentary Priority Pass™ Select membership, which offers access to more than 1,300 lounges across 140 countries and counting.
- Terms Apply.
- Current Sign-Up & Welcome Bonuses
- Rates & Fees
- Credit Score Recommendations
- Reviews & Card Ratings
Best Credit Cards For Travel Rewards
|Credit Card||Annual Fee||Best For||Rewards Calculator|
|American Express® Gold Card||$250||Best For Dining & U.S. Supermarket||Calculate|
|Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card||$95||Best For Flexible Rewards||Calculate|
|Citi Premier® Card||$95||Best For Dining & Travel||Calculate|
|The Platinum Card® from American Express||$550||Best For Airport Lounge Access||Calculate|
|Chase Sapphire Reserve®||$550||Best For High-Value Rewards||Calculate|
|Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card||$0||Best For Rewards at No Annual Fee||Calculate|
|Chase Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card||$95||Best For Business Travel & Expenses||Calculate|
|Capital One Spark Miles for Business||$0 the first year, then $95||Best For Flat-Rate Earnings On Business Spend||Calculate|
|The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card||$95||Best For Business Hotel Travel||Calculate|
Best For Dining & U.S. Supermarket: American Express® Gold Card
The American Express Gold Card is one of the best credit cards on the market and is a great option if you're looking to build rewards points towards travel. The card offers 4X Membership Rewards Points at restaurants and U.S. supermarkets, 3X points on airfare booked directly with an airline or through the American Express Travel Portal, and 1X points on all other purchases. The American Express Gold Card also offers up to $120 in annual Uber credits and up to $120 in annual dining credits, both broken up into $10 per month. Points earned with the card can be redeemed for an easy 1 cent towards travel, but can be transferred to airline and hotel programs for a chance at significantly higher value.
Best For Flexible Rewards: Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card
The Capital One Venture Card is the best travel rewards option if you want to earn rewards at a flat rate redeemable towards travel. The card earns an unlimited 2X Venture Miles on all purchases with each mile being worth 1 cent each when redeemed towards travel purchases made to the card. You'll also have the option to transfer Venture Miles to Capital One's airline and hotel partners which can also offer good value.
Best For Dining & Travel: Citi Premier® Card
The Citi Premier Card is a great well-rounded credit card for earning points easily redeemable towards travel. It earns 3X ThankYou Points on restaurant, supermarket, gas station, air travel, and hotel purchases, and 1X points on everything else. Points can be redeemed for about 1 cent on average or be transferred to Citi's airline partners for a chance at increased value.
Best For Airport Lounge Access: The Platinum Card® from American Express
The Platinum Card is one of the best options in the market if you're looking to experience luxury travel benefits. The card offers a long list of benefits, but it's mostly known for the American Express Global Lounge Collection which grants access to American Express Centurion Lounges, Priority Pass Lounges, Delta SkyClub Lounges (when flying Delta), Airspace Lounges, and Escape Lounges. Other benefits include annual Uber credits, annual airline incidental credits, annual Saks Fifth credits, complimentary elite status with Marriott and Hilton, and much more. (Enrollments required for select benefits and offers).
In terms of points, the card earns 5X Membership Rewards Points on airfare booked directly with airlines, 5X points on airfare or hotels booked through the American Express Travel Portal, and 1X points on everything else.
Best For High-Value Rewards: Chase Sapphire Reserve®
Big on travel and spend a great deal between the categories of travel and dining? If so, you'll want to check out the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card. It earns 3X Ultimate Rewards Points on travel and dining and 1X points on all other purchases. The card offers a long list of benefits including up to $300 in annual travel credit, Priority Pass Membership, superb travel insurance, and much more. As a Chase Sapphire Reserve cardholder, you'll be able to redeem points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards for 1.5 cents each which is great when compared to other rewards programs. You can also transfer your points to Chase's airline and hotel partners for a chance at even more value.
Best For Rewards at No Annual Fee: Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card
If you're trying to avoid the annual fees and want a credit card that earns simple and straightforward rewards, the Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card is a great option. It earns 1.25X Venture Miles on all purchases ran through the card. Miles can be redeemed for 1 cents each towards travel or be transferred to Capital One's airline and hotel partners for a shot at more value.
Best For Business Travel & Expenses: Chase Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card
If you want to turn your business spend into valuable rewards, the Chase Ink Business Preferred Credit Card is one of the best business cards on the market. It earns 3X Ultimate Rewards Points on travel, shipping, internet, cable, phone, and advertising purchases and 1X on everything else. The card offers a 25% point value boost to travel redemptions made through Chase Ultimate Rewards which gives you an easy redemption value of 1.25 cents. You can also transfer your earned points to Chase's airline and hotel partners.
Best For Flat-Rate Earnings On Business Spend: Capital One Spark Miles for Business
The Capital One Spark Miles for Business is a great business card option if you're looking to earn rewards at a flat rate across all purchases that can be easily redeemed towards travel. The card earns an unlimited 2X Spark Miles on all purchases and offers up to $100 towards a Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application. Miles can be redeemed for 1 cent each towards travel purchases or be transferred to a handful of airline and hotel programs.
Best For Business Hotel Travel: The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card
One of the best hotel business credit cards on the market is the Hilton Honors American Express Business Card. It earns 12X Hilton Honors Points at Hilton properties, 6X on gas station, wireless telephone providers, shipping, and restaurant purchases in the U.S., 6X on car rentals and airfare, and 3X on everything else. Benefits of the card includes complimentary Hilton Gold status with the ability to spend your way to their highest status of Hilton Diamond. The card also offers 10 Priority Pass Visits which are great for lounge access throughout the year and up to 2 Weekend Night Rewards that you can earn running spend through the card. Overall, the card offers exceptional value if you're looking to turn your business spend into free nights at Hilton properties.
Best Cards By Spend Calculator
The Best Cards By Spend Calculator will give you an idea of which credit cards will offer you the most rewards based on your spend. Results will be sorted by net return which is the average value of the rewards earned, plus annual credits, and minus annual fees. Results will consist of top-rated travel credit cards.
The results below are estimates on how much you can earn with each of the listed credit cards based on the spend you entered in the fields above.
Rewards Calculator - Learn more about the card(s), dive deeper into calculating rewards, and compare results side by side other cards featured on the site.
See All Available Offers - Apply for cards through our partner and get the up-to-date details on rates & fees, intro bonuses, credit score recommendations, and more.