The Citi Custom Cash℠ Card earns 5% cash back on purchases in your top eligible spend category each billing cycle on up to the first $500 spent (then 1%). The card will automatically adjust your 5% category which means that you don't have to deal with rotating categories or the need to sign up every quarter to be eligible. This allows you to easily maximize your cash back when using the card.
I highly recommend pairing the Citi Custom Cash℠ Card with the Citi® Double Cash Card as you'll be able to always earn at least 2% back on your spending.
|Authorized User Fee|
|Foreign Transaction Fee|
Intro Bonus: -
Rewards Rate Details
The Citi Custom Cash Card features a total of 10 eligible categories that you can earn 5% cash back in. The category that you spend the most in out of these 10 will earn 5% cash back on up to the first $500 spent during the billing cycle and then 1% cash back thereafter. You'll earn 1% cash back on all of the other eligible categories and any other purchases ran across the card. There's no cap on the amount of cash back you can earn with the card overall.
- 5%/1% Restaurants
- Includes purchases at cafes, bars, lounges and fast food restaurants.
- Excludes purchases at bakeries, caterers, restaurants located inside another business (such as hotels, stores, stadiums, grocery stores, or warehouse clubs) and third party dining delivery services.
- 5%/1% Gas Stations
- Excludes gasoline purchases at warehouse clubs, discount stores, and convenience stores.
- 5%/1% Grocery Stores
- Purchases made at online supermarkets or with grocery delivery services do not qualify if the merchant does not classify itself as a supermarket by using the supermarket merchant category code.
- 5%/1% Select Travel
- Includes airline, hotel, cruise line, and travel agency purchases.
- Excludes timeshares, boat leases and rentals, campgrounds and trailer parks, and real estate agencies.
- 5%/1% Select Transit
- Includes car rentals, ferries, commuter railways, subways, taxis/limos/car services, passenger railways, bridge and road tolls, parking lots/garages, bus lines, and motor home and recreational vehicle rentals.
- Excludes bike/scooter rentals, auto clubs and insurance companies.
- 5%/1% Select Streaming Services
- Includes the following cable, satellite, and streaming providers: Amazon Prime Video, Amazon Music, Apple Music, CBS All Access, Disney+, AT&T TV NOW, ESPN+, fuboTV, HBO Max, NBA League Pass, Netflix, Pandora, Showtime, Sling TV, Spotify, Starz, SiriusXM, Vudu, YouTube Red, YouTube TV, and Tidal.
- 5%/1% Drugstores
- Includes purchases made at pharmacies in grocery stores, general merchandise/discount superstores, and wholesale/warehouse clubs if those merchants submit purchases made in their pharmacy with the drug store and pharmacy merchant category code.
- 5%/1% Home Improvement Stores
- Includes purchases at home supply warehouse stores, lumber and building materials stores, paint and wallpaper stores, hardware stores, nurseries – lawn and garden supply stores and paints, varnishes and supplies stores.
- Excludes florists and florists' supply stores; nursery stock; wholesale construction stores; and glass stores.
- 5%/1% Fitness Clubs
- Includes membership fee and other purchases at athletic, sports and recreation facilities requiring membership such as health, tennis, and swimming clubs.
- Excludes fees associated with virtual services for home exercise equipment, personal monitoring devices, or fitness streaming classes.
- 5%/1% Live Entertainment
- Includes ticket purchases for live entertainment, including: concerts, live sporting events, live theatrical productions, amusement parks, and orchestras.
- Excludes charitable organizations that provide live entertainment (benefits), sporting camps, sports complexes where you participate in the sport, public and private golf courses, country clubs (including membership fees), bowling alleys, movie theaters, tourist attractions, museums and art galleries.
- 1% Non-Category
- This includes the eligible categories that are not your top spend for the billing cycle.
Perks & Benefits
The Citi Custom Cash Credit Card doesn't offer anything specific to the card itself. It comes with most of your standard Citi benefits. As with the Citi Double Cash, cash back earned with this card can be converted to ThankYou Points which can be redeemed for cash back at a value of 1 cent each.
- Convert To ThankYou Points
- Cash back can be converted to ThankYou Points at a 1 cent for 1 point ratio.
- This benefit makes this card a must if you're looking to earn ThankYou Points since you'll be earning the equivalent of 5x on an eligible category.
- ThankYou Points can be transferred to airline miles if you own the Citi Premier Card or Citi Prestige Card.
- Citi Benefits:
- Mastercard ID Theft Protection
- Free Access to your FICO® Score
- Citi® Quick Lock
- Citi Entertainment®
You can use the rewards calculator to calculate how many points, miles, or cash back you can earn based on your spend per category. This calculator will also give you the dollar value of the card based on the value of the rewards earned and how much each benefit is worth to you, minus the annual fees. You can click the Compare A Card button to compare this card side by side any other card featured on the site within the same calculator.
All category spend entered in the primary card's column (first column when comparing cards) will carry over to all credit card calculators on the site. This means you will not have to re-enter the same information again and again when browsing during the session.
- Earn $200 in cash back after you spend $750 on purchases in the first 3 months of account opening. This bonus offer will be fulfilled as 20,000 ThankYou® Points, which can be redeemed for $200 cash back.
- 0% Intro APR on balance transfers and purchases for 15 months. After that, the variable APR will be 13.99% - 23.99%, based on your creditworthiness.
- Earn 5% cash back on purchases in your top eligible spend category each billing cycle, up to the first $500 spent, 1% cash back thereafter. Also, earn unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- No rotating bonus categories to sign up for – as your spending changes each billing cycle, your earn adjusts automatically when you spend in any of the eligible categories.
- No Annual Fee
- Citi will only issue one Citi Custom Cash℠ Card account per person.