The Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card is popular travel credit card offered by Capital One. It earns 2X miles across all purchases with miles being worth 1 cent each when redeemed towards travel. These miles can also be transferred to Capital One's airline and hotel partners.
The Chase Sapphire Reserve® is a luxury travel card and is one of the best travel credit cards in terms of offering a fantastic return on spending. It earns 3X to 5X points across various travel & dining purchases and 1X on all other purchases with points being worth 1.5 cents each when redeemed towards travel via Chase Ultimate Rewards. Points can also be transferred to Chase's airline and hotel partners for a chance at even more value.
As part of the Chase-Lyft Partnership, the Chase Sapphire Reserve also earns 10X points on Lyft purchases until March 2025.
Do note that you will not earn bonus points on travel purchases until after you use the annual $300 travel credit. Once the credit is exhausted, you'll then earn the 5X/10X bonuses on travel purchases.
Current Intro Bonus
Earn 75,000 bonus miles when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening, equal to $750 in travel.
Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $900 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
Key Cardholder Benefits
- Earn unlimited 2X miles on every purchase, every day
- Miles won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how many you can earn
- Receive up to a $100 credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck®
- Enjoy two complimentary lounge visits per year to Capital One Lounges or to 100+ Plaza Premium Lounges through our Partner Lounge Network
- Receive up to $300 in statement credits as reimbursements for travel purchases charged to your Chase Sapphire Reserve card each account anniversary year. You will not earn points on travel purchases until you have used the full $300 credit.
- Receive a statement credit of up to $100 every 4 years as reimbursement for the Global Entry, TSA PreCheck, or NEXUS application fee charged to your Chase Sapphire Reserve.
- Receive complimentary Priority Pass Select membership which grants access to over 1,000 VIP lounges worldwide so you can rest before your flight.
- Enjoy special benefits such as complimentary room upgrades, early check-in, late check-out, and more when you book your stays at top hotels and resorts worldwide through The Luxury Hotel & Resort Collection.
- Receive a 50% boost to point value when you redeem your points through Chase Ultimate Rewards (1.5 cents per point).
- Use Pay Yourself Back℠ for 50% more in point value during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass – a membership for both DoorDash and Caviar – which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees on eligible orders for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024. With DashPass you also get $5 in DoorDash credits each month, redeemed at checkout.
- Be protected with travel insurance including Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- You will pay no foreign transaction fees when you use your card for purchases made outside the United States.
|Redemption Option||Mile Value (in cents)|
|Transfers To Capital One Partners||0.6 - 2+|
|Travel Purchases via Capital One Travel||1|
|Statement credits towards travel purchases||1|
|Gift Cards||0.5 - 1|
|Redemption Option||Average Value (in cents)|
|Point transfers to airline and hotel partners||0.6 - 2.1|
|Booking travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards using the Chase Sapphire Reserve||1.5|
|Pay Yourself Back using the Chase Sapphire Reserve||1.5|
|Redeeming points for cash back||1|
|Redeeming points for gift cards||1|
|Using points for Amazon.com purchases||0.8|
Ultimate Rewards points earned with the Chase Sapphire Reserve can be redeemed for a value of 1.5 cents each towards travel booked through Chase Ultimate Rewards. You can also obtain higher values transferring points to Chase's airline and hotel partners.
The Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card has a $95 annual fee. If you're transferring miles to partners and use the card as a daily driver (as in for most purchases), it will not take long to offset the annual fee.
The Chase Sapphire Reserve has an annual fee of $550. Additional users can be added for an annual fee of $75 per additional card.
You can offset a big chunk of the annual fee with the $300 in annual statement credits. If you spend moderately on the card and make use of the lounge access, it won't take long to make up for the annual fee especially with points being worth a minimum of 1.5 cents each towards travel.
Cash Value Calculator
Calculate how many Venture Miles you can earn with the Venture Card and how many Ultimate Rewards Points you can earn with the Chase Sapphire Reserve. Compare the cash value and the transfer of points to partners of both cards side by side.