The Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card is one of the best travel credit cards on the market and is one of Capital One's most popular credit cards. It's best known for its simple rewards program which allows you to use rewards to erase any kind of travel purchases made to the card.
The Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Credit Card is part of the Savor family and earns bonus cash back across several categories. It's a fantastic card for earning a high return across dining, entertainment, and popular streaming service purchases, but only if you plan on spending more than $800 a month collectively across these categories (otherwise the Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card is the better option).
Current Intro Bonus
Earn 75,000 bonus miles when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening, equal to $750 in travel.
Key Cardholder Benefits
- Earn unlimited 2X miles on every purchase, every day
- Miles won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how many you can earn
- Receive up to a $100 credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck®
- Enjoy two complimentary lounge visits per year to Capital One Lounges or to 100+ Plaza Premium Lounges through our Partner Lounge Network
- No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards; plus cash back won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn.
- No foreign transaction fee.
|Redemption Option||Mile Value (in cents)|
|Transfers To Capital One Partners||0.6 - 2+|
|Travel Purchases via Capital One Travel||1|
|Statement credits towards travel purchases||1|
|Gift Cards||0.5 - 1|
Venture Miles are worth 1 cent each when redeemed towards travel. You can obtain higher values by transferring points to Capital One's airline and hotel partners.
Cash back earned with the Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Credit Card is worth face value. This means that $1 in cash back can be redeemed for $1 in value with Capital One.
If you have a Venture Rewards credit card (such as the Venture Card), you'll be able to convert cash back into Venture Miles which can be redeemed for high value towards travel. This can significantly bump up the overall value of the Savor card.
So depending on your spend habits, it can be very worthwhile to pair this card with the Venture Card.
Venture Miles can be transferred to a handful of airline and hotel partners. This gives you the ability to redeem miles for more than their average value of 1 cent each.
Cash back earned with Capital One cannot be transferred to other programs, but it can be converted to Venture Miles or Spark Miles if you have a Venture Rewards or Spark Rewards credit card.
The Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card has a $95 annual fee. If you're transferring miles to partners and use the card as a daily driver (as in for most purchases), it will not take long to offset the annual fee.
The Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Credit Card has a $95 annual fee. With no cap on how much you can earn, you can easily make up for this fee by just spending moderately on the card.
Looking at the 4% categories (dining, entertainment, and popular streaming services), you'll be better off with the Savor Card if you have a combined spend of more than $800 per month or $9,600 per year. If you spend less than this, you'll want to consider the Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card if you're looking for cash back.
Card Value Calculator
Calculate how many Venture Miles you can earn with the Venture Card and how much cash back you can earn with the Savor Card. Compare the cash value of both cards side by side and find out which card earns you the most rewards.
We've run the calculations for you and here are our top picks for best credit cards of 2023:
- Best premium card for unlimited miles: Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card.
- Best for flexible travel rewards: Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card.
- Best for everyday spend and travel: Citi Premier® Card.
- Best cash back card for groceries: Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express.
- Best for dining and supermarkets: American Express® Gold Card
- Best for business travel rewards: Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card.
- Best cash back business card: Capital One Spark Cash Plus
Our Credit Card Rewards calculator can help you find the perfect card and offers based on your monthly and yearly spending habits. Simply enter your spend amounts into our tool and let us do the work for you!