The Norwegian Cruise Line Mastercard, commonly referred to as the NCL Mastercard, earns a solid return of WorldPoints per $1 spent, but fails to provide any real perks specific to Norwegian. Similar to other co-branded cruise line cards, there's no priority boarding, assistance in gaining status, or discounts of any nature. The NCL card is strictly meant for building up your WorldPoints balance, but even then, other reward cards can give the card a run for its money. The best benefit of the NCL Mastercard is the 10,000 bonus points earned from the sign up bonus.
|Authorized User Fee|
|Foreign Transaction Fee|
|Rates & Fees||See Rates & Fees|
Rewards Rate Details
The NCL Mastercard features one bonus category that earns extra WorldPoints which is Norwegian Cruise Line purchases. There is no limit to the amount of WorldPoints you can earn running spend through this card.
- 3x Norwegian
- Eligible transactions must contain either "Norwegian Cruise Line" or the name of a Norwegian Cruise Line vessel.
- 1x Non-Category
Perks & Benefits
You can earn bonus Norweigan Worldpoints with the Bank of America Preferred Rewards Program.
- Bank of America Preferred Rewards Client
- Earn a 25% to 75% bonus based on your 3-month average in combined balances between your Bank of America banking and/or Merrill Edge® and Merrill Lynch® investing and trading accounts.
- Bonus is based off of the earning rates, so a 75% boost to the 3% category would knock it up to 5.25% cash back.
- Does not stack with the 10% Customer Bonus.
|Gold||$20k to <$50k||25% Bonus|
|Platinum||$50k to <$100k||50% Bonus|
|Platinum Honors||$100k+||75% Bonus|
You can use the rewards calculator to calculate how many points, miles, or cash back you can earn based on your spend per category. This calculator will also give you the dollar value of the card based on the value of the rewards earned and how much each benefit is worth to you, minus the annual fees. You can click the Compare A Card button to compare this card side by side any other card featured on the site within the same calculator.
All category spend entered in the primary card's column (first column when comparing cards) will carry over to all credit card calculators on the site. This means you will not have to re-enter the same information again and again when browsing during the session.