Current Intro Bonus
Earn 140,000 Bonus Points after spending $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening
Key Cardholder Benefits
- Every cardmember year, you'll receive a Free Night Award that's good for any IHG property that costs 40,000 IHG Points or less at the time of booking. You can also top off free night certificates above it's 40,000-point redemption limit which gives you access to more properties.
- As an IHG credit card holder, you will receive the 4th night free when booking a 4-night consecutive award stay. This means that a 4 night stay will cost you 3 nights worth of points.
- Receive up to $100 towards a Global Entry ($100), TSA PreCheck ($85), or NEXUS application when you use the IHG Premier Card to pay for the fee.
- As an IHG Premier Card holder, you'll receive complimentary IHG Platinum Elite status. This is normally obtained after 40 Nights or 40,000 Base Points meaning that this is a very nice shortcut.
- When you buy points from the IHG portal, you'll automatically receive a 20% discount. This discount only applies if there is no active promotion.
The Point Calculator values IHG Premier points at 0.7 cents each on average when redeemed for free nights at IHG brand properties. Points can also be used for gift cards, merchandise, and more.
|Redemption||Point Value (in cents)|
|IHG Rewards Catalog||0.2 - 0.3|
|Gift Cards||0.19 - 0.2|
Learn More: IHG points value
IHG points earned with the IHG Premier Card can be transferred to a large amount of airline partners. Here's the full list of IHG transfer partners:
Learn More: IHG transfer partners & conversion calculator
The IHG Rewards Premier Credit Card has a $99 annual fee.
IHG Points Calculator
Calculate how many IHG Premier points you can earn based on the monthly or yearly spending amounts you enter. Compare the results alongside up to two credit cards from any issuer.
Any spend entered into the primary card column (the first column) will carry over to all credit card calculators on the site, so there's no need to re-enter spend when viewing other credit cards.
Other Ways To Earn
IHG One Rewards is a direct transfer partner of one major U.S. credit card rewards program: Chase Ultimate Rewards. Ultimate Rewards points can be transferred to IHG at a 1:1 ratio meaning that every 1,000 points you transfer will give you 1,000 IHG points.
Do note that Ultimate Rewards points can be worth anywhere from 1.25 to 2 cents or more per point while IHG points are valued at around 0.7 cents each. This means that transferring points from Chase to IHG could (and more than likely will) devalue your points. So I recommend only doing this when you're a few IHG points shy of a redemption!
Here's the full list of programs that allow you to transfer points to IHG:
Earning Rate Comparison
Want to know how the IHG Premier Credit Card earning rates stack up against other IHG and partner credit cards? The table below lists out the earning rates per $1 spent for all credit card partners so you can see where it stands.
Is the IHG Premier Credit Card worth it?
If you enjoy staying at IHG brand hotels, the IHG Premier Card is more than worth it. The card offers hundreds in value at a small cost. The free annual night the card offers is worth the annual fee alone.
Is the IHG Premier Credit Card metal?
How much is 40,000 IHG Points worth?
We value IHG Points to be worth 0.7 cents each, which puts 40,000 IHG Points at a total cash value of $280. This is why the annual free night makes the card worth it if you enjoy staying at IHG brand hotels.
Should I get the IHG Premier Card or IHG Traveler Card?
If you're looking to build IHG Points and enjoy staying at IHG hotels, the IHG Premier Card is the better option by a long shot. Even if you stay at an IHG hotel 1 night per year, the Traveler Card offers a free night up to an average of $280 in value for an annual fee of $89.
We've run the calculations for you and here are our top picks for best credit cards of 2023:
- Best premium card for unlimited miles: Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card.
- Best for flexible travel rewards: Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card.
- Best for everyday spend and travel: Citi Premier® Card.
- Best cash back card for groceries: Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express.
- Best for dining and supermarkets: American Express® Gold Card
- Best for business travel rewards: Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card.
- Best cash back business card: Capital One Spark Cash Plus
Our Credit Card Rewards calculator can help you find the perfect card and offers based on your monthly and yearly spending habits. Simply enter your spend amounts into our tool and let us do the work for you!