Walmart is an American retail company, headquartered out of Bentonville, Arkansas, that covers just about every category you can think of including electronics, jewelry, clothing, auto, photo finishing, home and furniture, pet supplies and sporting goods.
With over 11,000 stores worldwide, they are the world's largest company by revenue and largest private employer in the world.
Walmart also owns Sam's Club which is an American membership-only warehouse club. Sam's Club has a little under 600 locations in the United States as well as other locations in Mexico, China, and Brazil.
Walmart Credit Card Cash Back Calculators
Walmart offers both a Mastercard and store card that earns an excellent return when spending online at Walmart and a decent return when spending in-store. If you frequently shop at Walmart, these no-annual fee cards will easily allow you to maximize your spending.
Best Card For Walmart.com Shoppers
- Redeem rewards for cash back, statement credits, recent purchases in and out of Walmart, travel, and gift cards
- No annual fee and no foreign transaction fees
Other Great Credit Cards For Walmart Shoppers
If you want to earn great rewards that aren't strictly tied to Walmart, there's a handful of credit card options available. This ranges from cash back to travel rewards credit cards that can give you a good return on your spend at Walmart and other retailers.
Best For 3% Back On Online Shopping
- No annual fee
- $200 online cash rewards bonus after you make at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn 3% cash back in the category of your choice, automatic 2% at grocery stores and wholesale clubs (up to $2,500 in combined choice category/grocery store/wholesale club quarterly purchases) and unlimited 1% on all other purchases
- 0% Introductory APR for 15 billing cycles for purchases, and for any balance transfers made in the first 60 days. After the intro APR offer ends, 13.99% - 23.99% Variable APR will apply. A 3% fee (min $10) applies to all balance transfers
- No expiration on rewards
- If you're a Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25% - 75% more cash back on every purchase
- Contactless Cards - The security of a chip card, with the convenience of a tap
Best For 2% Back On All Purchases
- To earn cash back, pay at least the minimum due on time.
- Cash back earned can be converted to the Citi ThankYou Rewards program
Best For 2X Travel Rewards
- Earn unlimited 2X miles on every purchase, every day
- Miles won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how many you can earn
- Receive up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®
- Redeem on travel—including flights, vacation rentals, car rentals and more. Plus transfer your miles to over 15+ travel loyalty programs
- No foreign transaction fees
Best For Luxury Travel & Complimentary Walmart+ Membership
- Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on the Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Plus, earn 10x points on eligible purchases on the Card at restaurants worldwide and when you Shop Small in the U.S., on up to $25,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year and earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- $200 Hotel Credit: Get $200 back in statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection bookings with American Express Travel when you pay with your Platinum Card®.
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit: Get up to $20 in statement credits each month when you pay for eligible purchases with the Platinum Card® at your choice of one or more of the following providers: Peacock, Audible, SiriusXM, and The New York Times. Enrollment required.
- $155 Walmart+ Credit: Cover the cost of a $12.95 monthly Walmart+ membership with a statement credit after you pay for Walmart+ each month with your Platinum Card. Cost includes $12.95 plus applicable local sales tax.
- American Express has expanded The Centurion® Network to include 40+ Centurion Lounge and Studio locations worldwide. Now there are even more places your Platinum Card® can get you complimentary entry and exclusive perks.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- $200 Uber Cash: Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- $300 Equinox Credit: Get up to $25 back each month on select Equinox memberships. Enrollment required.
- $179 CLEAR® Credit: Use your Card and get up to $179 back per year on your CLEAR® membership.
- $695 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees
Walmart Rewards Program
You'll earn Walmart Rewards Points as you run spend through either of these cards and you'll be able to view your rewards as well as manage them through either walmart.capitalone.com or the Capital One Mobile app.
Rewards Points earned with either Walmart credit card will not expire as long as your account is opened. Closing your account will forfeit all of your Walmart Rewards Points.
Redeeming Walmart Rewards Points
Generally, using your points to cover past purchases or using them as statement credits will be the better option. This is because you can still earn rewards on your initial purchase and then turn around and use your rewards towards that purchase.
If you use your points directly, say at checkout, you will not end up using your Walmart credit card so you will not earn any points. You'll just be redeeming them without earning any kind of rewards.
Redeeming Points At Checkout
Walmart Rewards Points earned with the Walmart Rewards Mastercard and Walmart Store Card can be used towards purchases made at checkout. During checkout, you will be asked to specify how much cash back you want to apply towards your purchase.
Those points will then be deducted from your balance and applied to your account in the form of a credit 2-3 business days later.
Redeeming Points For Previous Purchases
Walmart Rewards Points earned with the Walmart Rewards Mastercard and Walmart Store Card can be applied to purchases you've already made with Walmart. You can do this through the Capital One App or through walmart.capitalone.com.
The redemption must be made within 90 days of the purchase posting to your account and will post to your account as a credit within 2-3 business days. Redemptions for a portion of a purchase amount (partial redemptions) are also available using this method.
Other Redemption Options
Walmart Rewards Points earned with the Walmart Rewards Mastercard and Walmart Store Card can also be used for account credits for other non-Walmart purchases and be used to pick up gift cards. Those who have the Walmart Rewards Mastercard will also be able to redeem their rewards for travel which includes flights, car rentals, and hotels.
Travel redemptions are at a 1:1 ratio meaning 1 point equals 1 cent towards travel. Those with the Walmart Rewards Store Card will not be able to redeem their rewards for travel.
Walmart Rewards Points Value Calculator
Use the Walmart Rewards Points Value Calculator to calculate the cash value of points earned in the program. Points are displayed in points, but you're really just earning cash back.
One point earned with Walmart is equal to 1 cent in cash back. So if you have 100 points, you have $1 in cash back.
Other Useful Information
If you haven't already, you'll want to create a Walmart.com account. This will make shopping with your Walmart credit card easier and allow you to do a number of other things including:
- Track Orders
- Access Walmart Pharmacy History/Prescriptions
- Create Lists of Items For Easy Purchasing
- Create Gift Registries
- Enjoy Movies From Walmart's Digital Library
Once you create an account it will be easier to checkout and earn Walmart Rewards Points on your purchases at Walmart.com as well as seamlessly allow you to use your earned rewards at checkout whenever you want to.
Does Walmart have a rewards program?
Yes. The Walmart Rewards Program is available for those who own either the Capital One Walmart Mastercard or Capital One Walmart (Store) Card.
What can you use Walmart Rewards Points for?
Walmart Rewards Points can be used at the register during checkout or they can be redeem for previous purchases made to your Capital One Walmart Rewards Card. If you have the Mastercard, you can use them for travel which includes flights, car rentals, and hotels.
How do I redeem my Walmart rewards points?
Walmart Rewards Points can either be redeemed through walmart.capitalone.com, the Capital One mobile app, or directly on Walmart.com at checkout.
How much are Walmart Rewards Points worth?
Walmart Rewards Points are worth 1 cent each. So 100 points would be equal to $1 in cash rewards.
Is the Walmart Mastercard worth it?
If you frequently shop on Walmart.com, I highly recommend picking up the Walmart Mastercard since it has no annual fee and you'll be earning 5% cash back online.
Is the Walmart Rewards Card the best card for maximizing my spend at Walmart?
In most cases, the Walmart Rewards Card will be the best option if you shop on Walmart.com versus shopping in-store.