Current Intro Bonus
Earn 120,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $15,000 on eligible purchases with your Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
Key Cardholder Benefits
- Every year, you'll be able to select one qualifying airline and receive up to $200 in credits for baggage fees, lounge fees, and in-flight purchase, and more. These incidental charges are credited back to your account in the form of a statement credit.
- You'll receive $400 in total Dell credits annually in which you'll get a $200 credit to use January-June and a second $200 credit to use July-December. These credits do not roll over so it's use it or lose it. Enrollment required.
- Every quarter, you'll receive $90 in statement credits for purchases with Indeed for a total of $360 per calendar year. Enrollment required.
- Receive up to $150 back per year for select subscription purchases with Adobe on the Business Platinum. This is valid only on annual prepaid subscriptions for Creative Cloud All Apps or Single Apps for Teams or Acrobat Pro DC with E-Sign or advanced E-Sign for Teams.
- You'll earn up to $179 in statement credits per calendar year when you use the Business Platinum Card to pay for annual CLEAR membership. Enrollment in CLEAR is required to use this credit.
- Get up to $120 back per year for wireless telephone service purchases on the Business Platinum Card. Enrollment required.
- Receive either a statement credit available every 4 years after you apply for Global Entry ($100) or a statement credit available every 4.5 years after you apply for a five-year membership through any Authorized Enrollment Provider for TSA PreCheck ($85).
- As a Business Platinum cardholder, you and all authorized users with a Business Platinum card will have access to 1,300+ airport lounges in over 500 airports around the world and 140 countries. This includes Centurion Lounges, Delta SkyClub Lounges (when flying Delta), Airspace Lounges, Escape Lounges, and Priority Pass Lounges. Enrollment Required
- When you redeem Membership Rewards Points for airfare via American Express Travel with your Business Platinum Card, you'll receive a 35% airline bonus (up to 1,000,000 points back each year).
- You'll be able to upgrade to Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status without meeting any stay requirements. Enrollment required.
- You'll be able to upgrade to Hilton Honors Gold Status without meeting any stay requirements. Enrollment required.
- As a Business Platinum Card member, you'll have access to book through Fine Hotels + Resorts with American Express Travel. When booking an eligible stay, you will receive a room upgrade upon arrival (when available), daily breakfast for two people, guaranteed 4pm late checkout, noon check-in (when available), complimentary Wi-Fi, and an experience credit valued at US$100.
- As a Business Platinum Card member, you'll have access to book through The Hotel Collection with American Express Travel. When booking at least a two consecutive night stay you will receive a $100 hotel credit and room upgrade upon arrival (when available).
- Be protected with trip cancellation insurance, trip interruption insurance, trip delay insurance, car rental loss and damage insurance, and baggage insurance.
|Redemption Option||Average Value (in cents)|
|Point transfers to airline and hotel partners||0.6 - 2|
|Booking flights through American Express Travel||1.53|
|Booking hotels through Fine Hotels & Resorts||1|
|Booking other travel through American Express Travel||0.7|
|Paying with points at checkout||0.7|
|Using points for card charges (statement credit)||0.6|
|Redeeming points for gift cards||0.5 - 1|
Membership Rewards Points earned with the American Express Business Platinum Card are worth up to 1.53 cents each when redeemed towards airfare via American Express Travel due to the 35% Airline Bonus (rebate) you'll receive.
Points earned with the American Express Business Platinum Card can be transferred to 20 travel partners, with most partners being at a 1:1 ratio.
The Business Platinum Card from American Express has a $695 annual fee. Additional Platinum cards can be added to the account for $300 each.
Do note that additional Platinum Card members will receive access to most of these benefits, even when not traveling with the Primary cardholder. This includes the lounge access, elite status perks, Global Entry/TSA PreCheck credit, and more.
AMEX Points Calculator
Use the Business Platinum Points Calculator to determine how many AMEX Points you can earn based on the monthly or yearly spending amounts you enter.
You can calculate the cash value of the Business Platinum alongside up to two other credit cards from any issuer.
Any spend entered into the primary card column (the first column) will carry over to all credit card calculators on the site. This means there's no need to re-enter spend when jumping to other credit card pages on the site.
Other Ways To Earn
If you frequently makes purchases online and you're looking to earn more Membership Rewards Points, you should consider using Rakuten Rewards.
Rakuten is an online shopping portal that pays you for shopping online. Basically, they run a website full of affiliate links to different retailers and pay you, the user, some of their commission when you make an online purchase using those links.
The best thing about Rakuten is that they are partnered with American Express Membership Rewards. So instead of earning cash back on your purchases, you can opt in to earn Membership Rewards Points.
So if Rakuten is offering 10% cash back with a certain retailer, you'll be able to earn 10X Membership Rewards Points. Sounds amazing, right? That's because it is.
I've been using Rakuten Rewards as my main online shopping portal since the start of 2017. Once the ability to earn Membership Rewards Points became available, I never looked back.
I use the portal for all of my personal and business online purchases... from buying gifts to booking travel. Since Rakuten uses affiliate links, you're always dropped off on the retailers website. So you're not booking or buying through a third party.
For example, if I click on the Marriott affiliate link on the Rakuten website, it's going to take me to Marriott.com. I can then book my travel as normal and Marriott will notify Rakuten that I have done such. So I still get to earn my Marriott Bonvoy Points from my Marriott booking as well as earn additional Membership Rewards Points based on what Rakuten is offering for Marriott.
You can sign up for Rakuten Rewards for free through our affiliate link and earn bonus Membership Rewards Points (or cash back) on your first purchase. If you're looking to get the most out of the Membership Rewards program, you don't want to ignore this program.