Current Intro Bonus
Earn 120,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $15,000 on eligible purchases with your Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
Key Cardholder Benefits
- Every year, you'll be able to select one qualifying airline and receive up to $200 in credits for baggage fees, lounge fees, and in-flight purchase, and more. These incidental charges are credited back to your account in the form of a statement credit.
- You'll receive $400 in total Dell credits annually in which you'll get a $200 credit to use January-June and a second $200 credit to use July-December. These credits do not roll over so it's use it or lose it. Enrollment required.
- Every quarter, you'll receive $90 in statement credits for purchases with Indeed for a total of $360 per calendar year. Enrollment required.
- Receive up to $150 back per year for select subscription purchases with Adobe on the Business Platinum. This is valid only on annual prepaid subscriptions for Creative Cloud All Apps or Single Apps for Teams or Acrobat Pro DC with E-Sign or advanced E-Sign for Teams.
- You'll earn up to $179 in statement credits per calendar year when you use the Business Platinum Card to pay for annual CLEAR membership. Enrollment in CLEAR is required to use this credit.
- Get up to $120 back per year for wireless telephone service purchases on the Business Platinum Card. Enrollment required.
- Receive either a statement credit available every 4 years after you apply for Global Entry ($100) or a statement credit available every 4.5 years after you apply for a five-year membership through any Authorized Enrollment Provider for TSA PreCheck ($85).
- As a Business Platinum cardholder, you and all authorized users with a Business Platinum card will have access to 1,300+ airport lounges in over 500 airports around the world and 140 countries. This includes Centurion Lounges, Delta SkyClub Lounges (when flying Delta), Airspace Lounges, Escape Lounges, and Priority Pass Lounges. Enrollment Required
- When you redeem Membership Rewards Points for airfare via American Express Travel with your Business Platinum Card, you'll receive a 35% airline bonus (up to 1,000,000 points back each year).
- You'll be able to upgrade to Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status without meeting any stay requirements. Enrollment required.
- You'll be able to upgrade to Hilton Honors Gold Status without meeting any stay requirements. Enrollment required.
- As a Business Platinum Card member, you'll have access to book through Fine Hotels + Resorts with American Express Travel. When booking an eligible stay, you will receive a room upgrade upon arrival (when available), daily breakfast for two people, guaranteed 4pm late checkout, noon check-in (when available), complimentary Wi-Fi, and an experience credit valued at US$100.
- As a Business Platinum Card member, you'll have access to book through The Hotel Collection with American Express Travel. When booking at least a two consecutive night stay you will receive a $100 hotel credit and room upgrade upon arrival (when available).
- Be protected with trip cancellation insurance, trip interruption insurance, trip delay insurance, car rental loss and damage insurance, and baggage insurance.
Membership Rewards Points earned with the American Express Business Platinum Card are worth up to 1.53 cents each when redeemed towards airfare via American Express Travel due to the 35% Airline Bonus (rebate) you'll receive.
|Redemption Option||Average Value (in cents)|
|Point transfers to airline and hotel partners||0.6 - 2|
|Booking flights through American Express Travel||1.53|
|Booking hotels through Fine Hotels & Resorts||1|
|Booking other travel through American Express Travel||0.7|
|Paying with points at checkout||0.7|
|Using points for card charges (statement credit)||0.6|
|Redeeming points for gift cards||0.5 - 1|
Learn More: AMEX Points Value Calculator
Points earned with the American Express Business Platinum Card can be transferred to 20 travel partners, with most partners being at a 1:1 ratio.
Learn More: AMEX Transfer Partners & Conversion Calculator
The Business Platinum Card from American Express has a $695 annual fee. Additional Platinum cards can be added to the account for $300 each.
Do note that additional Platinum Card members will receive access to most of these benefits, even when not traveling with the Primary cardholder. This includes the lounge access, elite status perks, Global Entry/TSA PreCheck credit, and more.
Learn More: American Express Platinum & Business Platinum Authorized User Benefits
AMEX Points Calculator
Use the Business Platinum Points Calculator to determine how many AMEX Points you can earn based on the monthly or yearly spending amounts you enter.
You can calculate the cash value of the Business Platinum alongside up to two other credit cards from any issuer.
Any spend entered into the primary card column (the first column) will carry over to all credit card calculators on the site. This means there's no need to re-enter spend when jumping to other credit card pages on the site.
Other Ways To Earn
Outside of earning Membership Rewards points using AMEX, there's only one other way to earn additional points and that's Rakuten Rewards.
American Express Membership Rewards credit card holders can earn additional Membership Rewards points by using the Rakuten Rewards program which is a free-to-use online cash back portal that pays you to shop online.
The Rakuten website features thousands of retailer affiliate links and when you click on these links to make a purchase, Rakuten receives a commission. They then pay you, the user, some of that commission which is why it's no cost to use their portal.
Rakuten normally offers cash back rewards, but Membership Rewards credit card holders can opt in to receive Membership Rewards points instead. When receiving points, the rewards ratio is 1-to-1 meaning that 1% back is equal to 1X Membership Rewards points.
So if Rakuten is offering 10% cash back with a certain retailer (which they do often), this means you'll be able to earn 10X Membership Rewards points. Sounds amazing, right? That's because it is.
I've been using Rakuten Rewards as my main online shopping portal since the start of 2017. Once the ability to earn Membership Rewards Points became available, I never looked back.
You can sign up for Rakuten Rewards using our affiliate link and earn bonus Membership Rewards Points (or cash back) on your first purchase. If you're looking to get the most out of the Membership Rewards program, you don't want to ignore this program.
Earning Rate Comparison
Want to know how the AMEX Business Platinum Card earning rates stack up against other Membership Rewards credit cards? The table below lists out the earning rates per $1 spent for all credit card partners so you can see where it stands.
We've run the calculations for you and here are our top picks for best credit cards of 2023:
- Best premium card for unlimited miles: Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card.
- Best for flexible travel rewards: Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card.
- Best for everyday spend and travel: Citi Premier® Card.
- Best cash back card for groceries: Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express.
- Best for dining and supermarkets: American Express® Gold Card
- Best for business travel rewards: Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card.
- Best cash back business card: Capital One Spark Cash Plus
Our Credit Card Rewards calculator can help you find the perfect card and offers based on your monthly and yearly spending habits. Simply enter your spend amounts into our tool and let us do the work for you!