The Emirates Skywards program is a direct transfer partner of all major U.S.-bank rewards programs. This gives you a significant amount of credit cards you can use to earn miles via point transfers. Review our top picks for best credit cards for Emirates Miles and calculate which cards can earn you the most miles and best return.
Best Credit Cards For Emirates Skywards Miles
Emirates Skywards Miles can be earned using credit cards from all major U.S. bank rewards programs. You can transfer points to Emirates at a 1:1 ratio using American Express Membership Rewards, Chase Ultimate Rewards, and Citi ThankYou Rewards.
You can also transfer points using Capital One Venture & Spark Rewards, but the transfer ratio is 2:1 which is not as favorable as the other programs.
While you'll be able to easily rake in tons of miles with these programs, none of the credit cards these programs offer will earn you any benefits with Emirates directly.
Emirates offers the Emirates Skywards Premium World Elite Mastercard and Emirates Skywards Rewards World Elite Mastercard if you're looking to spend your way to a few benefits, but these cards do not earn much in terms of miles per $1 spent.
This page details our top picks for the best credit cards for earning Emirates Skywards Miles. There's also a Rewards Calculator at the bottom of this page that you can use to estimate which credit cards can earn you the most miles and best average return on your spend.
The cards on this page are updated periodically. New cards are introduced from time to time and the benefits of current cards could change at any time. If you're looking for credit cards based on other criteria, you can check all of our best credit cards lists.
You can also use our Credit Card Finder Tool to search by spend across all credit cards in our database.
Best Card Overall For Emirates
If you're looking for one of the best credit cards for earning rewards transferable to the Emirates Skywards program, it's going to be the Citi Premier® Card.
It earns 3X ThankYou Points on airfare, hotel, gas station, supermarket, and restaurant purchases and 1X on all other purchases. Points can be transferred to Emirates at a 1:1 ratio which is superb.
The card also offers an annual $100 credit after spending $500 or more on a hotel stay through the ThankYou Rewards Portal. If you can make use of this credit, it's value will take care of the card's $95 annual fee.
ThankYou Points can also be transferred to JetBlue Airways and a handful of other international transfer partners as long as you have the Citi Premier Card or Citi Prestige Card.
Cash back earned with Citi can be converted into ThankYou Points, so you maximize the ThankYou Rewards program by pairing this card with the Citi® Double Cash Card and/or Citi Custom Cash℠ Card.
- Annual $100 Hotel Savings Benefit
- No expiration and no limit to the amount of points you can earn with this card
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on purchases
Best For Restaurants & Big Supermarket Spenders
If you're big on dining at restaurants and spending at U.S. supermarkets, you'll want to check out the American Express® Gold Card.
It earns 4X Membership Rewards Points dining at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets, 3X on airfare purchased directly from an airline or through American Express Travel, and 1X on all other purchases. These points can be transferred directly to your Emirates Skywards account at a 1:1 ratio.
The card also offers up to $120 in annual dining credit and up to $120 in annual Uber credit. That's up to $240 in annual credits which takes care of the annual fee if you're able to fully use them.
- Rose Gold is back. You can now choose between Gold or Rose Gold.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $4,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 6 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® Points at Restaurants, including takeout and delivery, and earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per calendar year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- $120 Uber Cash on Gold: Add your Gold Card to your Uber account and each month automatically get $10 in Uber Cash for Uber Eats orders or Uber rides in the U.S., totaling up to $120 per year.
- $120 Dining Credit: Earn up to a total of $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with the Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Ruth's Chris Steak House, Boxed, and participating Shake Shack locations. This can be an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- Get up to 12 complimentary months of an Uber Eats Pass subscription when you enroll with your Gold Card by 12/31/21.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees
Best For Airfare & Lounge Access
If you want to maximize your airline spend as well as experience luxury travel benefits, The Platinum Card® from American Express is an excellent option.
The card earns 5X Membership Rewards Points on flights booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel, 5X points on hotels booked with American Express Travel, and 1X points on all other purchases. Points can be transferred to Emirates Skywards at a 1:1 ratio.
The Platinum Card is most known for the long list of benefits it offers that can be worth hundreds if not thousands in value depending on how often you travel.
The most known benefit of the card is access to the American Express Global Lounge Collection
- Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on the Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Plus, earn 10x points on eligible purchases on the Card at restaurants worldwide and when you Shop Small in the U.S., on up to $25,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- $200 Hotel Credit: Get $200 back in statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection bookings with American Express Travel when you pay with your Platinum Card®.
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit: Get up to $20 in statement credits each month when you pay for eligible purchases with the Platinum Card® at your choice of one or more of the following providers: Peacock, Audible, SiriusXM, and The New York Times. Enrollment required.
- New! American Express has expanded The Centurion® Network to include 40+ Centurion Lounge and Studio locations worldwide. Now there are even more places your Platinum Card® can get you complimentary entry and exclusive perks.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- $200 Uber Cash: Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- $300 Equinox Credit: Get up to $25 back each month on select Equinox memberships. Enrollment required.
- $179 CLEAR® Credit: Use your Card and get up to $179 back per year on your CLEAR® membership.
- $695 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees
Best For Small Business & Miscellaneous Spending
The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express is one of the best business credit cards on the market for small businesses. It's also the best Membership Rewards credit card for miscellaneous purchases.
The card earns 2X Membership Rewards Points on the first $50,000 in purchases made during the calendar year (then 1X). Points can be transferred to Emirates Skywards at a 1:1 ratio.
With such a good flat rate, the Blue Business Plus Credit Card can be paired with pretty much any Membership Rewards credit card, personal or business. If you're looking to maximize your earnings in the program, you'll want to pick up this card.
- Earn 15,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $3,000 in eligible purchases on the Card within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 2X Membership Rewards® points on everyday business purchases such as office supplies or client dinners. 2X applies to the first $50,000 in purchases per year, 1 point per dollar thereafter.
- You've got the power to use your Card beyond its credit limit* with Expanded Buying Power.
- *The amount you can spend above your credit limit is not unlimited. It adjusts with your use of the Card, your payment history, credit record, financial resources known to American Express, and other factors.
- 0.0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable rate, 13.24% - 19.24%, based on your creditworthiness and other factors at account opening.
- No Annual Fee
- Terms Apply.
Best Overall Travel Card For High Value
If you want points that can easily be redeemed for high value towards travel and a great list of benefits, check out the Chase Sapphire Reserve®.
It earns 3X Ultimate Rewards Points on travel (after using the $300 travel credit), 3X points on dining, and 1X points on all other purchases. Points can be transferred to Emirates Skywards at a 1:1 ratio.
The card offers a 50% boost to the value of Ultimate Rewards Points when redeemed for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards which means you'll be able to redeem your points for an easy 1.5 cents each. It's a great alternative if you can't find a great redemption value directly with Emirates.
On top of that, the card offers a long list of elite travel benefits. This includes up to $300 in annual travel credit, Priority Pass Select Membership, up to a $100 statement credit towards a Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application, and superb travel insurance.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $900 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- $300 Annual Travel Credit as reimbursement for travel purchases charged to your card each account anniversary year. Through December 31, 2021, gas station & grocery store purchases will also count towards earning your Travel Credit
- 3X points on travel immediately after earning your $300 travel credit. 3X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Get 50% more value when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $900 toward travel
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 50% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Access to 1,300+ airport lounges worldwide after an easy, one-time enrollment in Priority Pass™ Select and up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more
Best Well-Rounded Rewards Card
If you're looking for a solid rewards card that can offer you some great value across your spend, the Chase Sapphire Preferred® is a great option.
It earns 2X Ultimate Rewards Points on travel, 2X points on dining, and 1X points on all other purchases. Points can be transferred to Emirates Skywards at a 1:1 ratio.
The card offers a 25% boost to Ultimate Rewards Points redeemed though Chase Ultimate Rewards which gives you an easy value of 1.25 cents per point. You'll also receive great travel insurance.
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
Best Credit Cards For Emirates Skywards Miles Summary
|Credit Card||Best For||Annual Fee||See All Available Offers|
|Citi Premier® Card||Best Card Overall For Emirates||$95||Learn More|
|American Express® Gold Card||Best For Restaurants & Big Supermarket Spenders||$250||Learn More|
|The Platinum Card® from American Express||Best For Airfare & Lounge Access||$695||Learn More|
|The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express||Best For Small Business & Miscellaneous Spending||$0||Learn More|
|Chase Sapphire Reserve®||Best Overall Travel Card For High Value||$550||Learn More|
|Chase Sapphire Preferred®||Best Well-Rounded Rewards Card||$95||Learn More|
Best Credit Cards For Emirates Skywards Miles Calculator
The Best Credit Cards For Emirates Skywards Miles Calculator will give you an idea of which credit cards will earn you the most Emirates Skywards Miles based on your spend.
Results will be sorted by net return which is the average value of the rewards earned, plus annual credits, and minus annual fees. You'll want to take into consideration the benefits a card offers as well on top of the estimated value calculated.
Results will consist of top-rated credit cards that either earn Emirates Skywards Miles directly or earn rewards that can be transferred directly to the Emirates Skywards program.
The results listed below consist of co-branded credit cards and credit cards that allow you to transfer rewards to the program covered on this page. The earning amounts listed for transfer partner credit cards are based on the transfer ratio.
Rewards Calculator - Learn more about the card(s), dive deeper into calculating rewards, and compare results side by side other cards featured on the site.
See All Available Offers - Apply for cards through our partner and get the up-to-date details on rates & fees, intro bonuses, credit score recommendations, and more.