American Express Membership Rewards is one of three major U.S. credit card rewards programs that allow you to transfer your hard earned rewards to Etihad Guest. Points earned with AMEX can be transferred to Etihad at a 1:1 ratio.
Convert AMEX points to Etihad miles
Use our conversion calculator to calculate the transfer of American Express Membership Rewards points to Etihad Guest miles.
How to transfer AMEX points to Etihad
Transferring Membership Rewards points to Etihad Guest miles can be done in a few easy steps:
- Go to americanexpress.com. Enter your login credentials, select "Membership Rewards" from the drop down, and click Log In.
- Once you're logged in, scroll down to the "Ready To Redeem?" section and click on the tab that says Transfer Points. Click on View All.
- Find Emirates Skywards in the list and click the column to expand it. If you have never linked your Emirates Skywards account, you'll be asked to do so for yourself or another card member.
- Use the slider or manually enter in how many points you wish to transfer to Emirates and select the Emirates Skywards account you wish to transfer them to.
- Review the transfer to make sure that every thing is correct and click on Submit Transfer.
Earn more Emirates miles
American Express Membership Rewards points isn't the only major transfer partner of Etihad. You can also earn Etihad Guest miles using:
- Citi ThankYou Rewards (1:1)
- Capital One Venture Rewards & Spark Rewards (1:1)
This provides a handful of additional credit cards you can use to earn Etihad Guest miles via intro bonuses and everyday spending.
If you're looking to maximize your Etihad Guest miles, check out our top picks for Best Credit Cards For Etihad Guest Miles and use our calculator to find out which cards will earn you the most miles!
Learn More: Transfer Points To Etihad Guest Using These Credit Card Partners
Can you transfer AMEX Membership Rewards points to Etihad Guest?
Yes. Membership Rewards points can be transferred to Etihad Guest at a 1:1 ratio.
What is Membership Rewards points to Etihad Guest miles ratio?
Every 1,000 Membership Rewards points you transfer to Etihad Guest will give you 1,000 Etihad Guest miles.
What are the best credit card rewards points for earning Etihad Guest miles?
You can use American Express Membership Rewards points, Citi ThankYou Rewards points, and Capital One Venture miles & Spark miles are the best rewards for earning Etihad Guest miles in the US.
We've run the calculations for you and here are our top picks for best credit cards of 2023:
- Best premium card for unlimited miles: Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card.
- Best for flexible travel rewards: Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card.
- Best for everyday spend and travel: Citi Premier® Card.
- Best cash back card for groceries: Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express.
- Best for dining and supermarkets: American Express® Gold Card
- Best for business travel rewards: Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card.
- Best cash back business card: Capital One Spark Cash Plus
Our Credit Card Rewards calculator can help you find the perfect card and offers based on your monthly and yearly spending habits. Simply enter your spend amounts into our tool and let us do the work for you!