Chase Ultimate Rewards is the only major U.S. credit card rewards program that features Southwest Rapid Rewards as a transfer partner. Ultimate Rewards points can be transferred to Southwest at a 1:1 ratio.
Chase Ultimate Rewards points can be transferred to Southwest Rapid Rewards at a 1:1 ratio meaning that every 1,000 Chase points you transfer will give you 1,000 Southwest points. This provides an excellent route for adding points to your Southwest account if you have a great redemption lined up.
You must have at least 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points to initiate a transfer and points can be transferred to Southwest in 1,000-point increments.
Use the Conversion Calculator to calculate the transfer of Chase Ultimate Rewards points to Southwest Rapid Rewards points.
How to transfer Chase points to Southwest
- Go to https://ultimaterewardspoints.chase.com/ and log into your Chase Ultimate Rewards account.
- Click on the menu icon () and select Transfer to Travel Partners.
- Find Southwest Rapid Rewards under the Airlines section and click on Transfer Points.
- Choose the recipient (whether it be yourself or an authorized user) and enter the Rapid Rewards account number that corresponds to the selected recipient twice to confirm it.
- Enter how many points you wish to transfer.
- Confirm the transfer.
In addition to using Ultimate Rewards points, you can also earn points using co-branded Southwest credit cards. Southwest offers a total of five cards that you can use to earn points via intro bonuses and everyday spending.
Here's the list:
Can you transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards points to Southwest?
Yes. Chase Ultimate Rewards points can be transferred to Southwest Rapid Rewards at a 1:1 ratio.
What is the transfer rate for Chase points to Southwest?
Every 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points you transfer to Southwest will give you 1,000 Southwest Rapid Rewards points.
Is it worth it to transfer Chase points to Southwest?
At an average value of 1.3 cents each, it can be worth it to transfer points to Southwest since Ultimate Rewards points are worth 1.25 to 1.5 cents each on average.
We've run the calculations for you and here are our top picks for best credit cards of 2023:
- Best premium card for unlimited miles: Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card.
- Best for flexible travel rewards: Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card.
- Best for everyday spend and travel: Citi Premier® Card.
- Best cash back card for groceries: Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express.
- Best for dining and supermarkets: American Express® Gold Card
- Best for business travel rewards: Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card.
- Best cash back business card: Capital One Spark Cash Plus
Our Credit Card Rewards calculator can help you find the perfect card and offers based on your monthly and yearly spending habits. Simply enter your spend amounts into our tool and let us do the work for you!