Current Intro Bonus
Earn a $200 statement credit after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 6 months.
Key Cardholder Benefits
- Cash Back is received in the form of Reward Dollars that can be redeemed as a statement credit.
- Thinking about getting The Disney Bundle which includes Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+? Your decision made easy with $7/month back in the form of a statement credit after you spend $13.99 or more each month on an eligible subscription with your Blue Cash Preferred Card. Enrollment required.
- As a Blue Cash Preferred Card member, you can enjoy complimentary ShopRunner Membership which gives you free 2-day shipping and free returns at 100+ stores. Enrollment required.
The Blue Cash Preferred Card has a $0 intro annual fee for the first year, then $95.
AMEX Cash Back Calculator
Calculate cash back for the Blue Cash Preferred based on spend and compare results alongside any of the 200+ cards featured on the site.
Any spend entered into the primary card column (the first column) will carry over to all credit card calculators on the site, so there's no need to re-enter spend when viewing other credit cards.
Earning Rate Comparison
Want to know how the American Express Blue Cash Preferred Card stacks up against other cards in the family? Check out the table below!
Is the AMEX Blue Cash Preferred a charge card?
No. It is a credit card.
Is the Blue Cash Preferred or Blue Cash Everyday better?
This will depend on your credit card spend. The Blue Cash Preferred is the better option if you spend more than $270 in U.S. supermarkets purchases.
Is the AMEX Blue Cash Preferred worth it?
The card is easily worth it if you spend between $300 and $500 on at U.S. supermarkets.
What can you use AMEX cash back for?
Cash back earned with AMEX credit cards are referred to as Reward Dollars and can be used for statement credits.
Does AMEX cash back expire?
No. Rewards earned with AMEX are good as long as you have an active account and you're in good standing.
Can you get pre-approved for the Blue Cash Preferred?
You can use the CardMatch Tool to see if you're pre-approved for an American Express credit card based on your credit profile.
We've run the calculations for you and here are our top picks for best credit cards of 2023:
- Best premium card for unlimited miles: Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card.
- Best for flexible travel rewards: Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card.
- Best for everyday spend and travel: Citi Premier® Card.
- Best cash back card for groceries: Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express.
- Best for dining and supermarkets: American Express® Gold Card
- Best for business travel rewards: Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card.
- Best cash back business card: Capital One Spark Cash Plus
Our Credit Card Rewards calculator can help you find the perfect card and offers based on your monthly and yearly spending habits. Simply enter your spend amounts into our tool and let us do the work for you!