Credit Card Cash Back Calculators
Citi offers two cash back credit cards that earns ThankYou Rewards points. Points that are earned with these cards or transferred to these cards can be redeemed for 1 cent each towards cash back and a few other redemptions.
Click on a card to learn more or use our credit card cash back calculators to find out how much cash back you can earn with Citi based on the spend amounts you enter. Compare the results side-by-side any U.S. credit cards features on the site.
- Earn $200 cash back after you spend $1,500 on purchases in the first 6 months of account opening. This bonus offer will be fulfilled as 20,000 ThankYou® Points, which can be redeemed for $200 cash back.
- Earn 5% back in your top eligible category each billing cycle on up to the first $500 spent (then 1%), and 1% back on everything else.
- No annual fee.
- No current offer.
- Earn 1% back on purchases and 1% back when you pay off those purchases for a total of 2% back.
- No annual fee.
Citi Travel Credit Cards
Citi offers two travel credit cards that also earn ThankYou Rewards points, but the standout travel card is the Citi Premier® Card. This card allows you to transfer your ThankYou points to Citi's airline and hotel partners which can give your points significantly higher value.
If you plan on redeeming points for travel, I highly suggest you pair Citi's cash back credit cards with the Citi Premier Card in order to maximize the value of your rewards.
- Earn 60,000 bonus ThankYou® Points after you spend $4,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.
- Earns 3X points on restaurant, supermarket, gas station, hotel, and air travel, and 1X points on everything else.
- Card grants the ability to transfer ThankYou points to airline and hotel partners.
- Earn 20,000 bonus points after you spend $1,500 in purchases with your card within 3 months of account opening; redeemable for $200 in gift cards at thankyou.com.
- Earns 2X points on supermarket and gas station purchases, 1X points on everything else.
- Purchases are rounded up to the nearest 10 and card offers a 10% point rebate when you use points. No annual fee.
Earning Rates Per $1 Spent
This table lists how many ThankYou Rewards points you can earn per $1 spent with Citi cash back and travel rewards credit cards. Remember that ThankYou Rewards points can be redeemed for 1 cent apiece towards cash back if you have the Citi Double Cash or Citi Custom Cash.
You can click on a card to learn more about it and apply through our partners (when applicable) or use the calculator link to calculate total rewards for that individual card based on the spend amounts you enter. When calculating rewards, you will be able to compare any card side-by-side up to two additional cards.
Citi Points Value Calculators
The base value of Citi points are 1 cent each towards travel and cash back depending on which ThankYou Rewards cards you hold. You can easily redeem points for 1.1 cents in value if you hold the Citi Rewards+ Card thanks to the 10% rebate.
Transferring points to Citi's airline and hotel partners will typically offer the best value. This can get you anywhere from 0.5 to 2 cents or more per point depending on the partner you transfer your points to and how you use them once transferred.
ThankYou points can be redeemed for travel, cash back, gift cards, and more. Find out which redemptions offer the best value and calculate the dollar value of ThankYou points for each.
Calculate the average cash value of ThankYou Rewards points based on our valuations and find out if it's worth paying cash or redeeming points with our Redemption Value calculator.