What is 4% cash back?
When a rewards program or credit card is offering 4% cash back, it means that for every $1 you spend you will earn 4 cents ($0.04) in the form of cash back.
How do you calculate 4% cash back?
You can calculate 4% cash back multiplying 0.04 by the amount you plan on spending. So if you spend $1,000, it would be $1,000 x 0.04 which equals $40.
4% cash back calculator
Use the 4% cash back calculator below to calculate cash back based on spend.
|Total Cash Back:||$4.00|
See Also: 1% Cash Back · 1.5% Cash Back · 2% Cash Back · 3% Cash Back · 5% Cash Back · 10% Cash Back · Percent Off Calculator
Calculate credit card cash back
Input your monthly and yearly spend amounts into the tool below to find out which credit cards will earn you the most cash back on your spending.
No Results. This is usually due to:
- There's no good card options based on the spend entered.
- The calculator is having a brain-fart and is not calculating rewards properly.
Enter different values or try again later.
These estimates are to help guide you towards making the best decision when it comes to picking up a rewards credit card. They should be used for illustrative purposes only.
You can click on the estimated earnings to see the calculations or click on the card to learn more and apply for the card through our partners.
Do note that all spend amounts entered into the tool above will carry over to every credit card rewards calculator on the site, so there's no need to re-enter spend if you choose to dive deeper into calculating rewards for credit cards on the site.
What is 4% cash back?
4% cash back means you will earn 4 cents ($0.04) back for every $1 spent.
How do I know what's the best credit card for my spend?
You can use the Credit Card Finder Tool to get a list of the best credit cards based on your spend across categories.
We've run the calculations for you and here are our top picks for best credit cards of 2023:
- Best premium card for unlimited miles: Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card.
- Best for flexible travel rewards: Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card.
- Best for everyday spend and travel: Citi Premier® Card.
- Best cash back card for groceries: Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express.
- Best for dining and supermarkets: American Express® Gold Card
- Best for business travel rewards: Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card.
- Best cash back business card: Capital One Spark Cash Plus
Our Credit Card Rewards calculator can help you find the perfect card and offers based on your monthly and yearly spending habits. Simply enter your spend amounts into our tool and let us do the work for you!