Review the benefits of the USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Card, calculate how much cash back you can earn based on your spend, and compare results to top cards.
The USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Credit Card offers an outstanding return on both gas and military base purchases. It also provides cash back for general supermarket purchases as well. The drawback is that all three categories have a cap with the gas and military base purchases sharing the same cap. This limits the return a little when compared to other reward cards, but the USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Credit Card can hold it's own as it still has great earning potential.
The USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Credit Card features three bonus categories which are gas stations, military base purchases, and supermarkets. Gas stations and military base purchases have a combined limited of $3,000 spend per year in which it earns 1% cash back after you spend pass that limit. The supermarket category also has a $3,000 per year cap that earns 1% cash back after you pass that limit. There is no limit to the amount of cash back you can earn with the USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Credit Card overall.
- 5% Gas Station
- Combined cap of $3,000 shared with the military base category; earn 1% for remainder of year once cap is hit.
- 5% Military Base
- Combined cap of $3,000 shared with the gas station category; earn 1% for remainder of year once cap is hit.
- 2% Supermarket
- Spend cap of $3,000 per year; earn 1% for remainder of year once cap is hit.
- Spend cap is not shared with gas station and military base categories.
- 1% Non-Category
Perks & Benefits
The USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Card features APR benefits for those in the military along with travel and purchase coverage.
- Military APR Benefits
- Reduced APR rate on all balances for up to 12 months during deployments or PCS.
- Special rate on the balance of the account when entering active military duty; lasts until one year after completion of active duty.
- Travel & Purchase Coverage
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
- Travel and Emergency Assistance
- Trip Cancellation and Interruption
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Baggage Delay Reimbursement
- Extended Warranty Protection
- Personal Identity Theft Reimbursement
There is no annual fee for the USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Credit Card. This means you will always earn the maximum rate of return without worrying about trying to spend a certain amount every year to make the card worth it.
Authorized User Fee
The USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Credit Card does not have an authorized user fee. If you have family or friends that shop in these bonus categories, adding them as authorized users will help build cash back faster.
Foreign Transaction Fee
The USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Credit Card has a 0% foreign transaction fee. This lets you use the card worldwide anywhere AMEX is accepted without being penalized for international spending.
You can use this rewards calculator to calculate how many points, miles, or cash back you can earn based on your spend per category. This calculator will also give you the dollar value of the card based on rewards earned and how much each benefit is worth to you minus the fees. You can click the Compare A Card button to compare this card against another card in the same calculator.
All category spend entered in the primary card's column will carry over to all credit card pages on the site so you don't have to re-enter the same information over again.