The Carnival Mastercard is a good choice for anyone that wants to earn a solid return spending directly with Carnival. The card also offers a refund on Carnival shore excursions which could be a big benefit of holding onto the card since it has no annual fee. As far as any other spending though, it comes up short since it only offers up to a 1.4% return on non-Carnival purchases.
|Authorized User Fee|
|Foreign Transaction Fee|
The Barclay Carnival World Mastercard has two bonus categories which are purchases on Carnival Cruise Lines and purchases made with any cruise lines that are part of World's Leading Cruise Lines brand.
- 2x Carnival Cruise Line
- Eligible purchases include:
- Cruise tickets purchased directly with Carnival
- Carnival Cruise vacation and Carnival Vacation Club purchases
- Purchases charged to the Sail and Sign account onboard any Carnival cruise ship.
- Eligible purchases include:
- 2x World's Leading Cruise Lines
- 1x Non-Category
Perks & Benefits
The Carnival Mastercard offers a refund on Carnival shore excursions as well as the ability to earn FunPoints on balance transfers.
- 10% FunPoint Refund
- Applies to booked Carnival shore excursions on carnival.com prior to your cruise.
- Taxes and fees are not included.
- Must be booked online prior to sailing up until the Pre-Sail cut-off time of 11:30 pm ET, the evening prior to the cruise departure.
- FunPoints For Balance Transfers
- Earn 1 FunPoint per $1 in balances transferred to your card.
- Must be done within the first 30 days of account opening.
- Earn a max of 5,000 FunPoints ($5,000 balance transfer).
Sign Up Bonus
The standard Carnival Mastercard sign up bonus is 10,000 bonus FunPoints after you use your card for the first time. This is an okay sign up bonus, but other sign up bonuses such as the 50,000 Point Sign Up Bonus for the Capital One Venture Card Worth $500 and the 20,000 Point Sign Up Bonus for the Bank of America Travel Rewards Card Worth $200 can earn you more towards funding your next cruise.
The Carnival World Mastercard does not have an annual fee. You will always get a positive return when it comes to earning FunPoints with this Barclay credit card.
Authorized User Fee
Barclay does not charge a fee to add authorized users to the Carnival Mastercard.
Foreign Transaction Fee
There is no foreign transaction fee for using the Barclay Carnival Mastercard internationally which means you can earn FunPoints using the card worldwide.
You can use the rewards calculator to calculate how many points, miles, or cash back you can earn based on your spend per category. This calculator will also give you the dollar value of the card based on the value of the rewards earned and how much each benefit is worth to you, minus the annual fees. You can click the Compare A Card button to compare this card side by side any other card featured on the site within the same calculator.
Note! All category spend entered in the primary card's column (first column when comparing cards) will carry over to all credit card calculators on the site. This means you will not have to re-enter the same information again and again when browsing during the session.