Hilton Honors is a direct transfer partner of several rewards programs including one major credit card rewards program: American Express Membership Rewards.
AMEX Membership Rewards
American Express Membership Rewards Points transfer to Hilton Honors at a 1:2 ratio. This means that every 1,000 AMEX Points you transfer to your Hilton Honors account will give you 2,000 Hilton Honors Points.
This makes AMEX the best option for earning additional points via intro bonuses and everyday spending across select cards. You can also acquire AMEX's personal and business Platinum cards for not only a large sum of points and perks, but for complimentary Hilton Honors Gold status which is a big plus if you're looking for a little more when staying at Hilton brand hotels.
Here are the best credit card offers for earning Membership Rewards points:
Best For Lounge Access & Luxury TravelEarn 100,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on the Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
Best For Restaurants & U.S. SupermarketsEarn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $4,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 6 months.
Best For Lounge Access & Luxury Business TravelEarn 120,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $15,000 on eligible purchases with your Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
How to transfer AMEX points to Hilton
- Go to AMEX's website, enter you User ID and Password, and select Membership Rewards in the drop down. Log In.
- Select Transfer Points from the tabbed options and click View All.
- Find Hilton Honors and click Transfer Points (if you haven't linked your account, you'll need to do so. You will need your Hilton Honors Membership Number to do such).
- Enter how many points you would like to transfer from AMEX to Hilton.
- Verify your AMEX Card, accept the terms & conditions, and click Confirm & Transfer Points.
These steps apply to the U.S. Membership Rewards Program. Steps might slightly differ in other regions.
Calculate point transfers to Hilton
Use the Point Transfer Calculator to convert rewards earned with AMEX, Amtrak, and other partner programs to Hilton Honors Points.
Can you convert rewards to Hilton points?
Yes, you can transfer rewards from several programs directly to your Hilton Honors account.
Can AMEX points be transferred to Hilton?
Yes. AMEX points can be transferred to Hilton at a 1:2 ratio meaning that 1,000 AMEX Points can be converted to 2,000 Hilton Honors Points.