If you're looking to maximize your earnings, you can also earn points by spending on credit cards offered by transfer partners. This is one of the best ways to efficiently earn lots of Marriott Bonvoy Points across different bonus categories not featured on Marriott's co-branded credit cards.
Best Credit Cards For Marriott Bonvoy Points
This page details our top picks for the best credit cards. You can use the calculator to estimate which credit cards can earn you the most rewards and best average return on your spend.
The cards on this page are updated periodically. New cards are introduced from time to time and the benefits of current cards could change at any time. You can use our Credit Card Finder Tool to search by spend across all credit cards in our database.
Best Entry-Level Card
If you want a card strictly for earning Marriott Bonvoy Points on Marriott purchases, the Chase Marriott Boundless Card is the best option.
It earns 6 Marriott Bonvoy Points on eligible purchases at hotels particiapting in the Marriott Bonvoy program and 2 points per $1 spent everywhere else. The Boundless Card offer benefits such as an annual free night at a 35,000-point hotel or lower, 15 elite nights towards stats, and complimentary Marriott Silver Elite status.
Overall, it's a great entry level card that offers good value and solid perks.
- For a Limited Time Only! Earn 125,000 Bonus Points and 1 Free Night Award after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 1 Free Night Award (valued up to 35,000 points) every year after account anniversary.
- Earn up to 17X total Bonvoy points per $1 spent at over 7,000 hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy™ thanks to complimentary elite status.
- 2X Bonvoy points for every $1 spent on all other purchases.
- Automatic Silver Elite Status each account anniversary year. Path to Gold Status when you spend $35,000 on purchases each account year.
- 15 Elite Night Credits each calendar year.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Earn unlimited Marriott Bonvoy points and get Free Night Stays faster.
Best For Marriott Benefits
If you're loyal to Marriott and want a little more than what the Boundless Card offers, you can take a step up to the premium Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card.
It earns 6 Marriott Bonvoy Points on eligible purchases at hotels particiapting in the Marriott Bonvoy program, 3 points per $1 spent on U.S. restaurants and airfare purchases, and 2 points per $1 spent everywhere else.
Since it's a premium travel card, it's loaded with benefits such as up to a $300 annual Marriott Statement credit, annual free night at a 50,000-point hotel or lower, complimentary Marriott Gold Elite status, up to a $100 Property Credit at St Regis and Ritz-Carlton properties, Priority Pass Membership, and much more.
If you frequently stay at Marriott hotels, this card is worth picking up as it can provide superb value.
- Earn 75,000 Marriott Bonvoy Bonus Points after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of Card Membership. Plus, earn up to $200 in statement credits for eligible purchases made on your new Card at U.S. Restaurants within the first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Enjoy up to $300 in statement credits each year of Card Membership for eligible purchases at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program.
- Earn 6 Marriott Bonvoy points for each dollar of eligible purchases at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program. 3 points at U.S. restaurants and on flights booked directly with airlines. 2 points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive 1 free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Award can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 50,000 Marriott Bonvoy Points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy unlimited airport lounge visits when you enroll in Priority Pass™ Select membership.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $450 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
Best For Marriott Business Spend
If you're looking for the best business credit card for earning Marriott Bonvoy Points, the Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card is it.
It earns 6 Marriott Bonvoy Points on eligible purchases at hotels particiapting in the Marriott Bonvoy program, 4 points per $1 spent on U.S. restaurant, U.S. wireless phone providers, U.S. gas station, and U.S. shipping purchases, and 2 points per $1 spent everywhere else.
Benefits of the card include an annual free night at a 35,000-point hotel or lower with the ability to earn another free night with spend, complimentary Marriott Silver Elite status, various AMEX Business benefits, and more.
- Welcome Offer: Earn 75,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in eligible purchases within the first 3 months of Card Membership. Plus, earn up to $150 back in statement credits on eligible purchases made on your new Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
- 6x points at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program.
- 4x points at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping. 2x points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Silver Elite status with your Card. Plus, earn Gold Elite status after making $35,000 in eligible purchases on your Card in a calendar year.
- Terms Apply.
Best For Dining & U.S. Supermarkets
The American Express® Gold Card earns 4 Membership Rewards Points per $1 spent on restaurant purchases and U.S. supermarket purchases.
Since AMEX Points transfers to Marriott at a 1:1 ratio, the AMEX Gold Card is a great option for earning points across both categories. Do note that the restaurant category is not tied to U.S. purchases which makes this the best option for earning Marriott Points on restaurant spend internationally.
The AMEX Gold also offers $120 in annual dining credits and $120 in annual Uber Cash with both credits being given as $10 in statement credits monthly.
- Rose Gold is here to stay. Card members can choose between a Gold or Rose Gold Card.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $4,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 6 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® Points at Restaurants, including takeout and delivery, and earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per calendar year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- $120 Uber Cash on Gold: Add your Gold Card to your Uber account and each month automatically get $10 in Uber Cash for Uber Eats orders or Uber rides in the U.S., totaling up to $120 per year.
- $120 Dining Credit: Earn up to a total of $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with the Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Ruth's Chris Steak House, Boxed, and participating Shake Shack locations. This can be an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees
Best For Travel Purchases
The American Express® Green Card is a great option if you want to earn a solid amount of Marriott Bonvoy Points on travel and dining.
The card earns 3 Membership Rewards Points per $1 spent on travel (including transit) and restaurant purchases.
Benefits include $100 in annual LoungeBuddy credits and $100 in annual CLEAR credits.
- $100 CLEAR Credit to Help You Breeze Through Security - With CLEAR®, your eyes and fingertips can help you get through security faster at select airports and stadiums nationwide.
- $100 Credit for Lounge Access - Use the American Express® Green Card to purchase lounge access through LoungeBuddy and receive up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year.
- No foreign transaction fees
Best For Lounge Access & Luxury Travel
The Platinum Card® from American Express earns 5 Membership Rewards Points per $1 spent on airfare booked directly with an airline and on both airfare and hotel purchases made through the American Express Travel Portal. This equates to 5 Marriott Bonvoy Points when transferred to Marriott.
The Platinum Card is a luxury travel card meaning it's packed with benefits including over $1,400 in annual credits, complimentary elite status with Marriott and Hilton, and extensive lounge access worldwide.
If you're looking for a top-notch travel card, The Platinum Card will not let you down.
- Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on the Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Plus, earn 10x points on eligible purchases on the Card at restaurants worldwide and when you Shop Small in the U.S., on up to $25,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year and earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- $200 Hotel Credit: Get $200 back in statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection bookings with American Express Travel when you pay with your Platinum Card®.
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit: Get up to $20 in statement credits each month when you pay for eligible purchases with the Platinum Card® at your choice of one or more of the following providers: Peacock, Audible, SiriusXM, and The New York Times. Enrollment required.
- $155 Walmart+ Credit: Cover the cost of a $12.95 monthly Walmart+ membership with a statement credit after you pay for Walmart+ each month with your Platinum Card. Cost includes $12.95 plus applicable local sales tax.
- American Express has expanded The Centurion® Network to include 40+ Centurion Lounge and Studio locations worldwide. Now there are even more places your Platinum Card® can get you complimentary entry and exclusive perks.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- $200 Uber Cash: Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- $300 Equinox Credit: Get up to $25 back each month on select Equinox memberships. Enrollment required.
- $179 CLEAR® Credit: Use your Card and get up to $179 back per year on your CLEAR® membership.
- $695 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees
Best For Overall Value & Benefits
The Chase Sapphire Reserve® is a premium-luxury card that earns earns 10X Ultimate Rewards Points on Chase Dining purchases and both hotel and car rental purchases through Chase Ultimate Rewards, 5X on airline travel purchases through Chase Ultimate Rewards, 3X on dining and other travel purchases, and 1X on everything else.
It's a great option if you're looking for luxury card benefits and want to also earn a solid amount of points that are transferable to the Marriott Bonvoy program.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $900 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- $300 Annual Travel Credit as reimbursement for travel purchases charged to your card each account anniversary year. Through December 31, 2021, gas station & grocery store purchases will also count towards earning your Travel Credit
- Earn 5X total points on air travel and 10X total points on hotels and car rentals when you purchase travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards® immediately after the first $300 is spent on travel purchases annually. Earn 3X points on other travel and dining & 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Get 50% more value when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $900 toward travel
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 50% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Access to 1,300+ airport lounges worldwide after an easy, one-time enrollment in Priority Pass™ Select and up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more
Best Credit Cards For Marriott Bonvoy Points Summary
|Credit Card||Best For||Annual Fee||Rewards Calculator|
|Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card||Marriott Spend||$95||Learn More|
|Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card||Marriott Benefits||$450||Learn More|
|Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card||Business Spend||$125||Learn More|
|American Express® Gold Card||Restaurant & U.S. Supermarkets||$250||Learn More|
|American Express® Green Card||Dining & Travel||$150||Learn More|
|The Platinum Card® from American Express||Elite Travel Perks & Airfare||$695||Learn More|
|Chase Sapphire Reserve®||Elite Travel Perks, Dining & Travel||$550||Learn More|
Best Credit Cards By Spend Calculator
This calculator will give you a list of the best credit cards for earning Marriott Bonvoy Points based on your monthly, yearly, or quarterly spend across different categories.
Results will include credit cards that earn Marriott Bonvoy Points directly and credit cards that earn rewards that are transferable to the Marriott Bonvoy program.
The results listed below consist of co-branded credit cards and credit cards that allow you to transfer rewards to the program covered on this page. The earning amounts listed for transfer partner credit cards are based on the transfer ratio.
Rewards Calculator - Learn more about the card(s), dive deeper into calculating rewards, and compare results side by side other cards featured on the site.
See All Available Offers - Apply for cards through our partner and get the up-to-date details on rates & fees, intro bonuses, credit score recommendations, and more.