The Ritz-Carlton Card is a premium rewards card. It card offers a great return on Marriott spend and a bunch of useful travel benefits such as an annual $300 travel credit, $100 property credits at Ritz-Carlton and St. Regis hotels, and complimentary Marriott Gold Elite status.
The Ritz-Carlton Card was closed to new applicants July 26th, 2018. While your results may vary, some Chase cardholders have been able to product change from other Chase Marriott credit cards to the Ritz-Carlton Card even after it being closed to new applicants.
|Authorized User Fee|
|Foreign Transaction Fee|
Intro Bonus: -
Rewards Rate Details
The Ritz-Carlton Card features four bonus categories which are Marriott, airfare, rental car, and restaurant. There's no limit to the amount of Marriott Bonvoy Points you can earn spending in these categories and no limit to the amount of Marriott Bonvoy Points you can earn with the card overall.
- 6x Marriott
- Applies to paying for hotel stays directly with Marriott and making on-property/site purchases that are categorized as being Marriott (such as a Marriott owned coffee shop or general store).
- 3x Airfare (Booked Direct)
- 3x Rental Car
- 3x Restaurant
- 2x Non-Category
Perks & Benefits
The Ritz-Carlton Credit Card features a bunch of benefits that are great for those who spend a lot of time at Marriott and especially the Ritz-Carlton brand itself.
- Annual $300 Travel Credit
- Triggers on baggage fees, seat upgrades, lounge access membership/passes, and other airline purchases.
- Annual 50,000-Point Free Night Award
- Received annually around card anniversary date.
- Free night can be used at any hotel that costs 50,000 points or less at the time of booking.
- Free nights can be stacked with free nights earned with other Marriott credit cards.
- 15 Elite Nights
- Applies towards Marriott Elite Status.
- Credits can be stacked with elite nights earned from a Business Marriott Credit Card (for a total of 30 elite nights) but cannot be stacked with other Personal Marriott credit cards.
- Marriott Gold Elite Status
- Spend To Platinum Elite Status
- Spend $75,000 on the card during the calendar will grant you complimentary Marriott Platinum Elite Status.
- 3 Annual Club Level Upgrades
- Applies to stays at Ritz-Carlton brand hotels.
- Upgrade are good on paid stays of up to seven nights.
- $100 Property Credit
- Applies when booking a 2-night or longer stay at a St. Regis or The Ritz-Carlton property.
- Must use your Ritz-Carlton card to pay and you must book through the special rate which is only visible when you own this card or the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant.
- The special rate matches the standard rate.
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck Credit
- Priority Pass Select Membership
- Complimentary In-Room, Premium Wi-Fi
- Travel & Purchase Coverage
- Lost Luggage Reimbursement
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
- Trip Cancellation Insurance
- Trip Interruption Insurance
- Travel & Emergency Assistance Services
- Emergency Evacuation & Transportation
- Roadside Assistance
- Emergency Medical & Dental Coverage
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Baggage Delay
- Purchase Protection
- Return Protection
- Extended Warranty Protection
You can use the rewards calculator to calculate how many points, miles, or cash back you can earn based on your spend per category. This calculator will also give you the dollar value of the card based on the value of the rewards earned and how much each benefit is worth to you, minus the annual fees. You can click the Compare A Card button to compare this card side by side any other card featured on the site within the same calculator.
All category spend entered in the primary card's column (first column when comparing cards) will carry over to all credit card calculators on the site. This means you will not have to re-enter the same information again and again when browsing during the session.