The Marriott Bonvoy American Express Card, previously known as the American Express Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) Credit Card, is a Marriott Bonvoy Points earning card offered by American Express. This card is no longer available for sign up as of February 13th, 2019.
The Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card is now the primary personal card for earning Marriott Bonvoy Points. The Marriott Bonvoy American Express Card mirrors the perks of the Boundless Card.
|Authorized User Fee|
|Foreign Transaction Fee|
Intro Bonus: -
Rewards Rate Details
The Marriott Bonvoy AMEX Card only features one bonus category and that is for spending on Marriott properties. There is no limit to the amount of bonus points you can earn spending in this category and there is no limit to the amount of points you can earn spending on the card.
- 6x Marriott
- Applies to eligible purchase for hotel stays participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program and making on-property/site purchases that are categorized as being Marriott (such as a Marriott owned coffee shop or general store).
- 2x Non-Category
Perks & Benefits
The Marriott Bonvoy AMEX Card offers some solid benefits such as an annual free night, elite night credits, and benefits with AMEX.
- Annual 35,000-Point Free Night Award
- Received annually around card anniversary date.
- Free night can be used at any hotel that costs 35,000 points or less at the time of booking.
- Free nights can be stacked with free nights earned with other Marriott credit cards.
- 15 Elite Nights
- Applies towards Marriott Elite Status.
- Credits can be stacked with elite nights earned from a Business Marriott Credit Card (for a total of 30 elite nights) but cannot be stacked with other Personal Marriott credit cards.
- Marriott Silver Elite Status
- Granted automatically due to the 15 Elite Night credits offered on the card; Silver requires 10 elite nights.
- Complimentary In-Room, Premium Wi-Fi
- ShopRunner Membership
- AMEX Benefits
- AMEX Offers
- AMEX Presale Tickets
- AMEX Seating & Preferred Seating
- AMEX Experiences
- Travel and Purchase Coverage
You can use the rewards calculator to calculate how many points, miles, or cash back you can earn based on your spend per category. This calculator will also give you the dollar value of the card based on the value of the rewards earned and how much each benefit is worth to you, minus the annual fees. You can click the Compare A Card button to compare this card side by side any other card featured on the site within the same calculator.
All category spend entered in the primary card's column (first column when comparing cards) will carry over to all credit card calculators on the site. This means you will not have to re-enter the same information again and again when browsing during the session.