Learn More: Best credit cards for earning Marriott points + calculator
Current Intro Bonus
Earn 95,000 Marriott Bonvoy bonus points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases on the Card within the first 3 months.
Key Cardholder Benefits
- Earn 150,000 Marriott Bonvoy® bonus points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases on the Card within the first 3 months.
- Each Card renewal year, get up to $300 in statement credits per calendar year (up to $25 per month) for eligible purchases at restaurants worldwide.
- A Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite member will earn 50% more points on eligible purchases at participating hotels for each U.S. dollar or the currency equivalent that is incurred and paid for by the member.
- Earn 6 Marriott Bonvoy points for each dollar of eligible purchases at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program. 3 points at Worldwide Restaurants and on flights booked directly with airlines. 2 points on all other eligible purchases.
- Marriott Brilliant Free Night Award: Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card renewal month. Award can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 85,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy®. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Each calendar year after spending $60,000 on eligible purchases, Card Members are eligible to select an Earned Choice Award benefit. Benefit options include: Five (5) Suite Night Awards, 85K Free Night Award, and mattress and box spring $1,000 discount from Marriott Bonvoy Boutiques. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- $100 Luxury Property Credit: Enjoy your stay. Receive up to a $100 property credit for qualifying charges at The Ritz-Carlton® or St. Regis® when you book direct using a special rate for a two-night minimum stay using your Card.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck®: Receive either a statement credit every 4 years after you apply for Global Entry ($100) or a statement credit every 4.5 years after you apply for a five-year membership through any Authorized Enrollment Provider for TSA PreCheck® (up to $85) when you pay the application fee with an eligible Card. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Each calendar year you can receive 25 Elite Night Credits toward the next level of Marriott Bonvoy Elite status. Limitations apply per Marriott Bonvoy member account. Benefit is not exclusive to Cards offered by American Express. Terms apply.
- Enroll in Priority Pass Select, which offers unlimited access to over 1,200 lounges in over 130 countries, regardless of which carrier or class you are flying. This allows you to relax before or between flights. You can enjoy snacks, drinks, and internet access in a quiet, comfortable location.
- Enjoy unlimited airport lounge visits when you enroll in Priority Pass™ Select membership.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on international purchases.
- Cell phone protection: You can be reimbursed for your costs to repair or replace your damaged or Stolen cell phone up to $800, subject to a $50 deductible, for 2 approved claims per 12-month period when your prior month's wireless bill was paid utilizing an Eligible Card Account. Terms and conditions apply. Coverage is provided by New Hampshire Insurance Company, an AIG Company.
- $650 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
The Point Calculator values Marriott Brilliant points at an average range of 0.6 to 1 cent each when redeemed for free nights at Marriott brand hotels. This means that 1,000 points can be worth anywhere from $6 to $10 on average.
|Redemption||Point Value (in cents)|
|Award Nights||0.6 - 1|
|Flights and car rentals through Air + Car||0.4|
|Gift Cards||0.25 - 0.33|
Learn More: Marriott points value & redemption options
Marriott Bonvoy points earned with the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant AMEX Card can be transferred to over 30 travel partners. For most partners, the ratio is 3:1 meaning every 3,000 points you transfer will give you 1,000 airline miles.
On top of that, Marriott throws in a bonus 15,000 points for every 60,000-block of points you transfer in a transaction which is equal to 5,000 bonus miles.
Learn More: Marriott transfer partners & conversion calculator
The Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express Card has a $650 annual fee.
Marriott Bonvoy Points Calculator
Calculate how many Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant points you can earn based on the monthly or yearly spending amounts you enter. Compare the results alongside up to two credit cards from any issuer.
Any spend entered into the primary card column (the first column) will carry over to all credit card calculators on the site, so there's no need to re-enter spend when viewing other credit cards.
Other Ways To Earn
Marriott is a direct transfer partners of two major U.S. credit card rewards programs: American Express Membership Rewards and Chase Ultimate Rewards. This opens up over 15 additional credit cards that you can use to earn Marriott Bonvoy points outside of Marriott's own co-branded credit cards.
Here's the full list of programs that allow you to transfer points to Marriott Bonvoy:
Learn More: Earn Marriott Bonvoy points using these credit card partners
Earning Rate Comparison
Want to know how the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant AMEX Credit Card earning rates stack up against other Marriott and partner credit cards? The table below lists out the earning rates per $1 spent for all credit card partners so you can see where it stands.
We've run the calculations for you and here are our top picks for best credit cards of 2023:
- Best premium card for unlimited miles: Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card.
- Best for flexible travel rewards: Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card.
- Best for everyday spend and travel: Citi Premier® Card.
- Best cash back card for groceries: Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express.
- Best for dining and supermarkets: American Express® Gold Card
- Best for business travel rewards: Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card.
- Best cash back business card: Capital One Spark Cash Plus
Our Credit Card Rewards calculator can help you find the perfect card and offers based on your monthly and yearly spending habits. Simply enter your spend amounts into our tool and let us do the work for you!