Starwood Preferred Guest was a top-notch hotel rewards program that earned Starpoints. These points were worth as much as 2 cents each on average and sat alongside Hyatt in terms of valuable hotel rewards points.
The Starwood program was bought out by Marriott in 2018. If you had Starpoints in your SPG account, they were converted to Marriott Rewards Points as long as you had a linked Marriott Rewards account at the time.
The Marriott Rewards program was re-branded as Marriott Bonvoy and all Starwood credit cards were officially re-named February 2019.
Point Conversion Calculator
Use the Point Conversion Calculator to calculate the transfer of points between Marriott Rewards and Starwood Preferred Guest. The transfer ratio is 1 Starpoint to 3 Marriott Rewards Points.
This is just a simple retro calculator for converting rewards since Starpoints are a thing of the past.
How many Starpoints equal a Marriott Rewards Point?
The transfer ratio for Marriott to Starpoints is 3:1, so 1 Marriott Point is equal to one-third of a Starpoint.
How many Marriott Rewards Points equal a Starpoint?
The transfer ratio for Starpoints to Marriott is 3:1, so 1 Starpoint is equal to 3 Marriott Rewards Points?
How much were Starpoints worth in the Starwood Preferred Guest program?
Starpoints were worth around 2 cents each on average.
How much are Marriott Rewards Points worth?
Marriott Rewards Points, now Bonvoy Points, are worth about 0.7 cents on average.
We've run the calculations for you and here are our top picks for best credit cards of 2023:
- Best premium card for unlimited miles: Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card.
- Best for flexible travel rewards: Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card.
- Best for everyday spend and travel: Citi Premier® Card.
- Best cash back card for groceries: Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express.
- Best for dining and supermarkets: American Express® Gold Card
- Best for business travel rewards: Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card.
- Best cash back business card: Capital One Spark Cash Plus
Our Credit Card Rewards calculator can help you find the perfect card and offers based on your monthly and yearly spending habits. Simply enter your spend amounts into our tool and let us do the work for you!