Expedia is an online travel agency (OTA) that allows you to book airline tickets, hotel reservations, car rentals, cruises and vacation packages.
Since Expedia is an OTA, there is a chance that you will not receive credit towards the loyalty/rewards program of the hotel or airline company you're booking through Expedia.
Luckily, Expedia offers it's own Expedia Rewards Program which will give you a few extra benefits and perks when booking your travel through their portal.
Expedia Credit Card Points
Expedia offers two credit cards held by Citi Bank. Both cards are decent options if you're looking to earn Expedia Rewards Points across all purchases. If you're really big on spending with Expedia, the Expedia Voyager will typically be the better option due to the slightly higher point earning and extra benefits.
Click on a card below to calculate how many Expedia Rewards Points you can earn based on spend and to learn more about the card benefits.
Other Great Cards For Expedia Spend
If you frequently find yourself booking travel via Expedia, there's several credit card options that will actually earn you a higher return than what Expedia's own credit cards offer. This is because Expedia points have relatively low value whereas rewards offered in most other programs will give you at least a 1% return on your spend at minimum.
Listed below are several credit cards that can earn you a fantastic return when booking travel through Expedia or other travel websites, including booking direct.
Best For 5% Back On Travel
- Earn $200 in cash back after you spend $750 on purchases in the first 3 months of account opening. This bonus offer will be fulfilled as 20,000 ThankYou® Points, which can be redeemed for $200 cash back.
- 0% Intro APR on balance transfers and purchases for 15 months. After that, the variable APR will be 13.99% - 23.99%, based on your creditworthiness.
- Earn 5% cash back on purchases in your top eligible spend category each billing cycle, up to the first $500 spent, 1% cash back thereafter. Also, earn unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- No rotating bonus categories to sign up for – as your spending changes each billing cycle, your earn adjusts automatically when you spend in any of the eligible categories.
- No Annual Fee
- Citi will only issue one Citi Custom Cash℠ Card account per person.
Expedia Points Value
Expedia Points are worth 0.71 cents each for all redemptions which includes hotels, car rentals, and attractions booked through the Expedia website. Points can also be donated to charity.
Expedia Points Status
If you're loyal to Expedia, you'll earn status within the Expedia Rewards program. Status is earned based on how many nights you spend at hotels booked through Expedia or how much money you've spend with Expedia.
Benefits include additional perks at VIP hotels, bonus points on bookings, room upgrades, and more.
Expedia Points Estimator
You can enter any amount of Expedia Spend below to see how much you can earn based on Expedia Status Levels and whether or not you use an Expedia credit card.
Expedia Points are worth 0.71 cents each for all redemptions.