As part of the Chase-Lyft Partnership, the Chase Sapphire Reserve also earns 10X points on Lyft purchases until March 2025.
Do note that you will not earn bonus points on travel purchases until after you use the annual $300 travel credit. Once the credit is exhausted, you'll then earn the 5X/10X bonuses on travel purchases.
Current Intro Bonus
Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $900 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
Key Cardholder Benefits
- Receive up to $300 in statement credits as reimbursements for travel purchases charged to your Chase Sapphire Reserve card each account anniversary year. You will not earn points on travel purchases until you have used the full $300 credit.
- Receive a statement credit of up to $100 every 4 years as reimbursement for the Global Entry, TSA PreCheck, or NEXUS application fee charged to your Chase Sapphire Reserve.
- As a Chase Sapphire Reserve cardholder, you'll receive complimentary Priority Pass Select membership. This membership grants access to over 1,000 VIP lounges worldwide so you can rest before your flight. This benefit requires a one-time enrollment.
- Enjoy special benefits such as complimentary room upgrades, early check-in, late check-out, and more when you book your stays at top hotels and resorts worldwide through The Luxury Hotel & Resort Collection.
- As a Chase Sapphire Reserve cardholder, you'll receive a 50% boost to point value when you redeem your points through Chase Ultimate Rewards. This bumps up the value of your points to 1.5 cents each.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 50% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Receive a $10 monthly statement credit from Gopuff. Gopuff quickly delivers drinks, snacks and other household essentials straight to your doorstep. Promotion runs through December 31, 2023. Terms apply.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass – a membership for both DoorDash and Caviar – which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees on eligible orders for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024. With DashPass you also get $5 in DoorDash credits each month, redeemed at checkout.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- You will pay no foreign transaction fees when you use your card for purchases made outside the United States.
Ultimate Rewards Points earned with the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card have an average value of 1.5 cents each. This is the value you'll get when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
If you're looking for a shot at earning slightly higher value, you can transfer your points to Chase's travel partners. You can then redeem them for high value by booking first/business class tickets with airlines such as Singapore Airlines and Virgin Atlantic Airways or hotel stays with programs such as World of Hyatt.
|Redemption Option||Average Value (in cents)|
|Point transfers to airline and hotel partners||0.6 - 2.1|
|Booking travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards using the Chase Sapphire Reserve||1.5|
|Pay Yourself Back using the Chase Sapphire Reserve||1.5|
|Redeeming points for cash back||1|
|Redeeming points for gift cards||1|
|Using points for Amazon.com purchases||0.8|
Ultimate Rewards Points earned with the Chase Sapphire Reserve can be transferred at a 1:1 ratio to 13 travel partners.
The Chase Sapphire Reserve has a $550 annual fee. Adding authorized users will you $75 per additional user.
Chase Points Calculator
Use the Chase Sapphire Reserve Points Calculator to determine how many points you can earn based on the monthly or yearly spending amounts you enter.
You can calculate the cash value of the Chase Sapphire Reserve alongside up to two other credit cards from any issuer.
Any spend entered into the primary card column (the first column) will carry over to all credit card calculators on the site. This means there's no need to re-enter spend when jumping to other credit card pages on the site.
Chase 5/24 Rule
If you've opened up more than 5 new accounts in the last 24 months, it may be hard to get approved for the Chase Sapphire Reserve and other Chase credit cards. This includes any kind of new account and not just new credit card accounts.
If you're unsure of how many accounts you've opened up in the last 24 months, you can use Credit Karma to check for free without hurting you credit score.
How much are Chase Sapphire Reserve Points worth?
Points redeemed through the Chase Travel Portal are worth 1.5 cents each. You can transfer points to Chase's airline and hotel partners for a chance at higher value.
How many Chase Sapphire points equal a dollar?
For travel redemptions, a $1 will be equal to about 67 points. For cash back redemptions, 100 points will equal $1.
How much is 50,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards Points worth?
With the Chase Sapphire Reserve, 50,000 Chase Points can be redeemed for $750 in travel. This is also worth $500 in cash back at the standard rate of 1 cent per point.
Is the Chase Sapphire Reserve worth $550?
This will depend on your spend habits. In my opinion, the amount of value you can get out of the Chase Sapphire Reserve far exceeds the cost of $550 per year especially if you travel at least a few times per year.