Current Intro Bonus
Earn up to 50,000 bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open.
Key Cardholder Benefits
- When you use your United Business Card to pay for your flight, you and up to one companion traveling on the same reservation will receive the first checked bag free. This benefit does not apply to employee cards unless they're on the same reservation as the cardholder.
- When you use your United Business Card to make purchases in-flight on United-operated flights, you'll receive a 25% discount in the form of a statement credit. This discount applies to in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and Wi-Fi.
- Every year, two United Club Passes will be deposited into your United MileagePlus account.
- Every year that you use your United Business Card to make seven (7) United Flight purchases totaling $100 or more, you'll receive a $100 travel credit. Triggering purchases include seat upgrades, Economy Plus, in-flight food, beverages and Wi-Fi, baggage service charges or other United fees.
- As a United Business Card holder, you'll receive 5,000 anniversary points if you also hold a personal/consumer United credit card. This includes the United℠ Explorer Card, United Gateway℠ Card, United Quest℠ Card, United Club℠ Infinite Card, and United Travelbank.
- As a United Business Card holder, everyone traveling on the same reservation as you on United-operated flights will receive priority boarding.
- The United Business Card grants access to Visa's Luxury Hotels & Resorts. When booking hotel stays through this portal with your card, you'll receive a number of benefits including daily breakfast for two, a special benefit unique to each property, complimentary Wi-Fi, a room upgrade (if available), and early check-in and late check-out (if available).
- Be covered with trip cancellation insurance, trip interruption insurance, trip delay reimbursement, car rental collision/loss damage waiver, baggage delay insurance, and lost luggage reimbursement.
The Point Calculator values United miles at 1.3 cents each when used for award flights with United and their partners. This means that 10,000 miles are worth about $130 in flight value.
|Redemption option||Redemption value in cents|
|Award Flights (Research/Sweet Spots)||2|
|Award Flights (Average)||1.3|
|United Club Membership||0.77|
|United Wi-Fi Subscription||0.65 - 0.68|
Learn More: United miles value
United miles can be transferred to one partner program and that is Marriott. Every 1,000 United miles you transfer to Marriott will give you 1,000 Marriott Bonvoy points.
This can be useful if you're a few Marriott points shy of a redemption, but I would recommend avoiding any large transfers as the difference in value between Marriott Bonvoy points and United miles are significant. In most cases, you would be better off buying Marriott points.
Learn More: Marriott Bonvoy points calculators
The United Business Card has an annual fee of $99 which is awesome for all the benefits it offers.
United Miles Calculator
Calculate how many United Miles you can earn with the United Business Card based on spend and the cash value of those points. Results can be compared side by side any U.S. credit card featured on the site.
Any spend entered into the primary card column (the first column) will carry over to all credit card calculators on the site, so there's no need to re-enter spend when viewing other credit cards.
Other Ways To Earn
One of the best ways to earn United miles is by using United's own co-branded credit cards, but you can also earn lots of miles via United's transfer partners. Of the handful of partners that allow you to transfer miles to United MileagePlus, Chase Ultimate Rewards is the best option hands down.
Here's the full list of programs that allow you to transfer points to United MileagePlus:
Learn More: Transfer points to United using these transfer partners
Earning Rate Comparison
There are several partner credit cards that you can use to earn United miles thanks to transfer partners. Check out the table below to see how the United Business Credit Card earning rates per $1 spent stacks up against United and other partner credit cards.
We've run the calculations for you and here are our top picks for best credit cards of 2023:
- Best premium card for unlimited miles: Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card.
- Best for flexible travel rewards: Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card.
- Best for everyday spend and travel: Citi Premier® Card.
- Best cash back card for groceries: Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express.
- Best for dining and supermarkets: American Express® Gold Card
- Best for business travel rewards: Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card.
- Best cash back business card: Capital One Spark Cash Plus
Our Credit Card Rewards calculator can help you find the perfect card and offers based on your monthly and yearly spending habits. Simply enter your spend amounts into our tool and let us do the work for you!