Earning United Miles: United Miles can be earned booking flights with United and their airline partners. You can also earn miles by using credit cards, booking other forms of travel, spending with partners, and dining out. Purchasing United miles is also an option.
Redeeming United Miles: United Miles can be redeemed for flights, cruises, hotels, car rentals, United Club membership, in-flight Wi-Fi, merchandise, and gift cards. You can also use them to pay for a TSA PreCheck application fee.
United Miles Value: Based on our valuations, United miles are worth 1.3 cents per mile. This means 10,000 miles are equal to about $130 in travel value.
Airline Alliance: United is part of the Star Alliance.
United Credit Card Partners: Chase Ultimate Rewards is the only major credit card transfer partner of United MileagePlus.
Credit Card Value & Rewards Calculators
Calculator: Best Credit Cards For United Miles
View our top credit card picks for earning United miles and use our calculator to find out which credit cards will earn you the most miles based on the spend amounts you enter into our tool.Best Credit Card Calculator
- 60,000 bonus miles + 500 PQPs
- 1X - 3X miles.
- Receive $125 in statement credits annually as reimbursements for United purchases charged to your card.
- Receive your first and second checked bag free.
- Automatically get 5,000 miles back in your MileagePlus account after you take a United or United Express-operated award flight booked with your miles (twice per year).
- $250 annual fee.
- Earn 80,000 bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 1X - 4X miles.
- Receive complimentary access to United Club locations and participating Star Alliance affiliated lounges around the world.
- Enjoy the first checked bag free for you and one companion when you use the card to pay for your flight.
- $525 annual fee.
- 50,000 bonus miles
- 1X - 2X miles.
- Receive 5,000 bonus anniversary points if you also hold a personal/consumer United credit card.
- Enjoy a $100 travel credit every year that you use your business card to make seven United flight purchases.
- Receive two United Club Passes annually.
- One free checked bag for you and up to one companion traveling on the same reservation.
- $99 annual fee.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
Enjoy up to 5X points on purchases, a 25% point value boost on travel redemptions via Chase Ultimate Rewards, and 10% bonus points based on how much you spent on the card the prior cardmember year. Points transferable to United MileagePlus.United Credit Card Partner Recommendation
United Miles Calculators & Guides
Your Simple Guide To United MileagePlus Miles
Want to make the most of your United Airlines miles? Look no further than this simple guide, complete with handy calculators to help you maximize your rewards.Guide + United Miles Calculator
Transfer Points To United Using These Credit Card Partners
Looking to transfer your credit card points to United? Check out this guide to find out which credit card partners allow you to do just that.Conversion Calculator
Chase Points To United Miles
Calculate the conversion of Chase Ultimate Rewards points to United MileagePlus miles.Conversion Calculator
Marriott Bonvoy Points To United Miles
Calculate the conversion of Marriott Bonvoy points to United MileagePlus miles.Conversion Calculator
Calculator: What's The Value of United Miles?
Use our tool to quickly calculate how many dollars your United Miles are worth when redeemed for flights, car rentals, gift cards, and more.Miles Value Calculator