Key Cardholder Benefits
- When you use your Amtrak Preferred Mastercard to make food and beverage purchases on-board Amtrak, you'll receive a 20% discount. This discount is in the form of a statement credit.
- As an Amtrak Preferred Mastercard holder, you'll receive 5% of your redeemed points back when you book award travel on Amtrak. There's no limit to this rebate.
- Every year, you'll receive a lounge pass good for a complimentary visit to a ClubAcela or Metropolitan Lounge visit.
- Every year, you'll receive a companion pass on the anniversary date of your Amtrak Preferred Mastercard. The pass allows a companion to ride for free when you purchase a regular adult rail ticket with Amtrak.
- Every year, you'll receive a coupon for a one-class upgrade when you renew your card (as in pay the annual fee).
- Every $5,000 in spend that you run across the Amtrak Preferred Mastercard will earn you 1,000 Tier Qualifying Points (TQPs) towards elite status in the Amtrak Guest Rewards program. You can earn up to 4,000 TQPs per calendar year.
The Amtrak Preferred Mastercard has a $99 annual fee.
Amtrak Points Calculator
Calculate how many Amtrak Guest Rewards Points you can earn with the Amtrak Preferred Mastercard based on spend. Results can be compared side by side any U.S. credit cards featured on the site.
Any spend entered into the primary card column (the first column) will carry over to all credit card calculators on the site, so there's no need to re-enter spend when viewing other credit cards.
Earning Rate Comparison
Want to know how the Amtrak Guest Rewards Preferred Mastercard earning rates stack up against other Amtrak credit cards? The table below lists out the earning rates per $1 spent for all credit card partners so you can see where it stands.
Amtrak points calculators
Use our Amtrak points calculators to calculate credit card earnings, the cost to buy points, and the cash value of points based on redemption. You can also check out our short and simple guide on Amtrak Guest Rewards points.
Use our Amtrak credit card calculators to estimate how many points you can earn and the cash value of the card based on the spend amounts you enter, how much you value benefits, and annual fees.
Our calculators allow you to compare up to two additional credit cards side by side based on same or different spend. Plus, all spend amounts you enter in the Primary card's column rolls over to all credit card rewards calculators on the site!
Want to know how much your Amtrak points are worth on average? Check out our calculators and guides for determining point value.
If you're short on points, you can buy Amtrak points directly.