United MileagePlus is a direct transfer partner of one major U.S. credit card rewards program and a long list of hotel loyalty programs. This opens up a handful of additional credit cards you can use to earn a solid amount of United miles.
Here's the full list of United transfer partners:
Out of these partners, Chase Ultimate Rewards will be the best option. You can also earn a decent amount of points through Marriott Bonvoy if you frequent their properties and spend across their co-branded credit cards.
Chase Ultimate Rewards: Best overall for United.
Transfer Ratio: Chase Ultimate Rewards points can be transferred to United at a rate of 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points for 1,000 United miles. If you're looking to maximize your United miles, I highly suggest considering Ultimate Rewards credit cards.
Transfer Eligible Cards: There are three Ultimate Rewards credit cards that allow you to transfer points to your United MileagePlus account at a 1:1 ratio. These cards are the Chase Sapphire Reserve®, Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card, and Chase Ink Business Preferred®.
Card Combos: Once you choose which of the three Transfer Eligible Cards is right for you, you can pair that card with any other Chase-branded credit card to maximize your earnings. This includes the Chase Freedom Flex, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Ink Business Cash Credit Card, or Ink Business Unlimited Card—all of which has no annual fee. Points earned with these cards can be transferred directly to your Transfer Eligible Cards. You'll then be able to move those points to United or any other Chase transfer partner.
Chase Sapphire Reserve®
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $900 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 10X points on hotels and car rentals booked through Chase Ultimate Rewards, 5X points on flights booked through Chase Ultimate Rewards, 3X points on travel worldwide and dining at restaurants, and 1X points on all other purchases.
- $300 statement credit for travel purchases charged to the card each anniversary year, complimentary Priority Pass Select membership, Up to $100 towards a Global Entry, TSA PreCheck, or NEXUS application fee, and a 50% boost to point value on travel booked through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
- $550 annual fee.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 5X points on travel booked through Chase Ultimate Rewards, 3X points on dining, online grocery purchases, and on select streaming services, 2X points on other travel purchases, and 1X points on all other purchases.
- 25% boost to point value on travel booked through Chase Ultimate Rewards, $50 credit every cardmember anniversary good towards hotel stays booked through Chase Ultimate Rewards, and 10% bonus points based on how much you spend the prior cardmember year.
- $95 annual fee.
Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card
- Earn 100k bonus points after you spend $15,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 cash back or $1,250 toward travel when redeemed through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 3X points on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories each account anniversary year, and 1X points on all other purchases.
- 25% boost to point value on travel booked through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
- $95 annual fee.
Learn more: Chase Transfer Partners & Conversion Calculator
Marriott Bonvoy: Best for frequent Marriott travelers.
Transfer Ratio: Marriott Bonvoy points can be transferred to United at a rate of 3,000 Marriott Bonvoy points for 1,100 United miles. On top of that, Marriott throws in a bonus 15,000 points for every 60,000-point transfer which will net you an additional 5,500 United Miles.
Marriott United Partnership: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite members and higher will receive complimentary United MileagePlus Premier Silver and United MileagePlus Premier Silver members (and higher) will receive complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold status. This is a great bonus if you use both loyalty programs.
Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant® American Express® Card
- Earn 95,000 Marriott Bonvoy bonus points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases on the Card within the first 3 months.
- Earns 6X points on Marriott purchases, 3X points at worldwide restaurants and on flights booked directly with airlines, and 2X points on everything else.
- Receive up to $300 in statement credits per year for eligible purchases at restaurants worldwide, complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite status, Annual Free Night Award worth up to 85,000 points, $100 Luxury Property Credit when you book a 2-night minimum stay at Ritz-Carlton or St. Regis properties, receive 25 Elite Night Credits annually towards Marriott Bonvoy Elite status, and complimentary Priority Pass Select Membership.
- Enrollment required for some benefits. Terms apply.
- $650 annual fee. See Rates and Fees
Marriott Bonvoy Bevy™ American Express® Card
- Earn 85,000 Bonus Points after you use your new Card to make $4,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Earns 6X points on Marriott purchases, 4X points on up to $15,000 in combined purchases between restaurants worldwide and U.S. supermarkets, and 2X points on everything else.
- Earn 1,000 bonus points per paid eligible stay, earn a free night award worth up to 50,000 points after spending $15,000 during the calendar year, and enjoy complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status.
- Terms Apply.
- $250 annual fee. See Rates and Fees
Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card
- Welcome Offer: Earn 75,000 Bonus Marriott Bonvoy Points after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Earns 6X points on Marriott purchases, 4X points at restaurants and on select business purchases, and 2X points on everything else.
- Annual Free Night Award worth up to 35,000 points, receive 15 Elite Night Credits annually towards Marriott Bonvoy Elite status, complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status.
- Terms Apply.
- $125 annual fee. See Rates and Fees
- Marriott Bonvoy Bountiful™ Credit Card
- Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card (Calculator)
- Marriott Bonvoy Bold® Credit Card (Calculator)
Learn More: Marriott Transfer Partners & Conversion Calculator
Transfer Points To United Calculator
Use the point transfer calculator to calculate the conversion of points from Chase, Marriott, and other partners to United Miles.
United Credit Card Offers
Here are the 10 best credit card offers currently available from our partners for earning United miles. This table is updated automatically whenever our partner offers change, so you will always find the most up-to-date bonuses listed.
Which credit card partners transfers to United?
Chase Ultimate Rewards is the only major credit card rewards partner of United. This opens up several additional credit cards you can use to earn United miles via intro bonuses and everyday spending.
What is the transfer ratio of Chase Ultimate Rewards to United MileagePlus?
Every 1,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points you transfer to United will give you 1,000 United miles.
What is the transfer ratio of Marriott Bonvoy to United MileagePlus?
Every 1,000 Marriott Bonvoy points you transfer to United will give you 1,000 United miles.
We've run the calculations for you and here are our top picks for best credit cards of 2023:
- Best premium card for unlimited miles: Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card.
- Best for flexible travel rewards: Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card.
- Best for everyday spend and travel: Citi Premier® Card.
- Best cash back card for groceries: Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express.
- Best for dining and supermarkets: American Express® Gold Card
- Best for business travel rewards: Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card.
- Best cash back business card: Capital One Spark Cash Plus
Our Credit Card Rewards calculator can help you find the perfect card and offers based on your monthly and yearly spending habits. Simply enter your spend amounts into our tool and let us do the work for you!