|Average Value of 1 Hilton Honors Point||$0.006|
The best value of Hilton Honors Points will come from redeeming them towards free night at Hilton Hotels. Hotel redemptions will typically give you a value of around 0.6 cents per Hilton Honors Point. Overall, Hilton Honors Points can be used/redeemed towards:
- Free Nights at Hilton Properties
- Car Rentals
- Rides with Lyft
- Hilton Experiences
- Amazon.com Purchases
- Events at Hilton Properties
- Transferred To Airline/Rail Partners
This page will cover the cash value you can obtain from these redemptions as well as details on each.
Boost Your Hilton Honors Points
If you're looking to add to your balance of Hilton Honors Points, Hilton offers four credit cards that feature solid sign up bonuses. In addition to that, each of these cards offer excellent returns on your spend along with top-notch benefits.
If you frequent Hilton Hotels, you'll want to have at least one of these cards in your wallet as you'll be able to earn a total of between 17 and 34 Hilton Honors Points per $1 spent at Hilton properties when using them to pay for your stay. That's 10X base points, up to 10X points from elite status, and up to 14X points based on which card you have!
Best For Maximum Earning & Benefits
- Enjoy complimentary Hilton Honors Diamond status with your Hilton Honors Aspire Card.
- Enjoy one weekend night reward with your new Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card and every year after renewal. Plus, earn an additional night after you spend $60,000 on purchases on your Card in a calendar year.
- Each year of Card Membership, get up to $250 in statement credits on your Card Account for eligible purchases made directly with participating Hilton Resorts.
- Select one qualifying airline and then receive up to $250 per calendar year in statement credits for incidental fees such as checked baggage, in-flight refreshments, and flight change fees.
- Book a 2 night minimum stay at hiltonhonorsaspirecard.com and get up to $100 in credits for qualifying charges at participating Waldorf Astoria® Hotels & Resorts and Conrad® Hotels & Resorts.
- Relax with unlimited lounge visits for you and up to 2 guests per visit once enrolled in complimentary Priority Pass™ Select membership, which offers access to over 1,200 airport lounges around the world.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Some benefits may require enrollment.
- Terms Apply.
Best Well-Rounded Card
- Earn 130,000 Bonus Points after you spend $2,000 in purchases on the Hilton Honors American Express Surpass Card in the first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Plus, you can earn an additional 50,000 Points after you spend a total of $10,000 in purchases on the Card in the first 6 months.
- Earn a Weekend Night Reward from Hilton Honors after you spend $15,000 on purchases on your Card in a calendar year.
- Earn 12X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases charged on your Card directly with a hotel or resort within the Hilton portfolio.
- Earn 6X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases on your Card at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. supermarkets, and at U.S. gas stations.
- Earn 3X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for all other eligible purchases on your Card.
- Spend $40,000 on eligible purchases on your Card in a calendar year and you can earn Hilton Honors Diamond status through the end of the next calendar year.
- Terms Apply.
Best For No Annual Fee
- Earn 80,000 Bonus Points after you spend $1,000 in purchases on the Hilton Honors American Express Card in the first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Plus, you can earn an additional 50,000 Points after you spend a total of $5,000 in purchases on the Card in the first 6 months.
- Earn 7X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases charged directly with a hotel or resort within the Hilton portfolio.
- Earn 5X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. supermarkets, and at U.S. gas stations.
- Earn 3X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for all other eligible purchases on your Card.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees. Enjoy international travel without additional fees on purchases made abroad.
- Enjoy complimentary Hilton Honors Silver status with your Card. Plus, spend $20,000 on eligible purchases on your Card in a calendar year and you can earn an upgrade to Hilton Honors Gold status through the end of the next calendar year.
- No Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
Best For Business Travelers
- Earn 130,000 Bonus Points after you spend $2,000 in purchases on the Hilton Honors Business Card in the first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Plus, you can earn an additional 50,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after you spend a total of $10,000 in purchases on the Card in the first 6 months.
- Earn Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases on your Card: 12X at hotels and resorts in the Hilton portfolio, 6X on Select Business & Travel Purchases, 3X on all other eligible purchases. Terms & Limitations Apply.
- Enjoy complimentary Gold Status with your Hilton Honors Business Card.
- Earn a Weekend Night Reward from Hilton Honors after you spend $15,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year.
- Earn another Weekend Night Reward from Hilton Honors after you spend an additional $45,000 in purchases on your Card in the same calendar year.
- Terms Apply.
Outside of Hilton's own co-branded credit cards, you can also earn Hilton Honors Points using the American Express Membership Rewards program. Membership Rewards Points can be transferred to Hilton at a 1:2 ratio meaning that 1,000 Membership Rewards Points is equal to 2,000 Hilton Honors Points.
This allows you to earn a significant amount of Hilton Honors Points using intro bonuses and everyday spending with AMEX's top credit cards. The Platinum Card from American Express and The Business Platinum Card from American Express even offers complimentary Hilton Honors Gold status!
Best For Lounge Access & Luxury Travel
- Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on the Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Plus, earn 10x points on eligible purchases on the Card at restaurants worldwide and when you Shop Small in the U.S., on up to $25,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- $200 Hotel Credit: Get $200 back in statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection bookings with American Express Travel when you pay with your Platinum Card®.
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit: Get up to $20 in statement credits each month when you pay for eligible purchases with the Platinum Card® at your choice of one or more of the following providers: Peacock, Audible, SiriusXM, and The New York Times. Enrollment required.
- New! American Express has expanded The Centurion® Network to include 40+ Centurion Lounge and Studio locations worldwide. Now there are even more places your Platinum Card® can get you complimentary entry and exclusive perks.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- $200 Uber Cash: Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- $300 Equinox Credit: Get up to $25 back each month on select Equinox memberships. Enrollment required.
- $179 CLEAR® Credit: Use your Card and get up to $179 back per year on your CLEAR® membership.
- $695 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees
Best For Restaurant & Big Supermarket Spenders
- Rose Gold is back. You can now choose between Gold or Rose Gold.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $4,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 6 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® Points at Restaurants, including takeout and delivery, and earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per calendar year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- $120 Uber Cash on Gold: Add your Gold Card to your Uber account and each month automatically get $10 in Uber Cash for Uber Eats orders or Uber rides in the U.S., totaling up to $120 per year.
- $120 Dining Credit: Earn up to a total of $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with the Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Ruth's Chris Steak House, Boxed, and participating Shake Shack locations. This can be an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- Get up to 12 complimentary months of an Uber Eats Pass subscription when you enroll with your Gold Card by 12/31/21.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees
Best For Lounge Access & Luxury Business Travel
- Welcome Offer: Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $15,000 on eligible purchases with the Business Platinum Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's an extra half point per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year when you book on amextravel.com.
- Breeze through security with CLEAR® where available and get up to $179 back per year on your membership when you use your Card.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Pay Over Time Option: A flexible payment option to help manage cash flow on purchases of $100 or more.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees
If you're only in need of a handful of points, you can also buy Hilton Honors Points. Points cost 1 cent each at the standard rate, but they are on sale for as low as 0.5 cents several times during the calendar year.
Redeem Hilton Honors Points For Free Nights
The best value you can obtain from Hilton Honors Points will be when you use them for free nights at Hilton brand hotels.
Points can be used at just about any Hilton Hotel as long as there's availability. This includes Hilton's standard hotels as well as at their all inclusive resorts.
If you want to maximize the value of your points at any given hotel, the sweet spot will come from booking 5 night consecutive stays at Hilton hotels thanks to Hilton's 5th Night Free Benefit.
Standard Hilton Redemptions
Standard free nights at Hilton brand hotels will give you an average of around 0.6 cents in value, but you can easily get more or less depending on the hotel. Getting more than 0.6 cents in value will require you to do some research, number crunching and, a lot of back-and-forth work.
As an example, here's the cost in cash and cost in points for the first five hotels in Tampa, Florida for a random weekend in April.
You'll get between 0.4 cents and 0.8 cents in value if you were to follow through with these redemptions.
If you're booking a stay at a Hilton Hotel in any given city and want the best value out of your Hilton Honors Points, the best place to start is the search results screen. This will allow you to view results in cash and in Hilton Honors Points per night which allows you to calculate a rough estimate of which properties are worth your redemption.
5th Night Free Benefit
Hilton's 5th Night Free Benefit is the easiest way to get the most value out of your Hilton Honors Points. This benefit allows you to book 5 consecutive award nights for the cost of 4.
In order to use this benefit you'll need to have elite status with Hilton Honors. This is obtained by:
- Earning a certain amount of stays in a calendar year at Hilton
- Earning a certain amount of nights in a calendar year at Hilton
- Earning a certain amount of Hilton Honors base points in a calendar year
- Holding any of Hilton's four co-branded credit cards
The easiest way to obtain status is by picking up the Hilton Honors American Express Card which grants complimentary Hilton Honors Silver and has no annual fee.
Hilton's Best & Most Popular Properties
If you're building your Hilton Honors Points to plan a vacation and you want to maximize your value, there's a large amount of properties to choose from.
These will typically be luxury properties and will cost you north of 70,000 Hilton Honors Points per night. Most of these hotels max out at 120,000 per night in which you can book a 5-night award stay for 480,000 points if you have status with Hilton thanks to the 5th Night Free Perk.
While these properties do cost a large amount of points, it's not hard to build that many points between Hilton's four credit cards and the large intro bonuses AMEX Membership Rewards Cards offer (which transfers at a 1:2 ratio might I add).
Listed below are a few of the many top properties that Hilton has around the globe that can get you some grand value out of your Hilton Honors Points.
The Maldives is a bucket list location for many looking for the best of the best when it comes to luxury travel. Regardless of which hotel brand you book with, you're bound to get very high value out of your points due to cash prices ranging from $700 and $2,000 (or more) per night.
Hilton has two top-tier properties out in the Maldives:
Hilton has properties all over Europe. Of those many properties, you can get some great value if you plan on visiting Amsterdam or London.
- Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam (Amsterdam, Netherlands)
- The Biltmore Mayfair, LXR Hotels & Resorts (London, England)
Other Top Hilton Properties
Hilton has many more properties scattered across the globe that can net you some solid value in top destinations.
- Conrad Hong Kong (Hong Kong, China)
- Conrad Bora Bora Nua (French Polynesia)
- Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort (Maui, Hawaii, USA)
Hilton All-Inclusive Resorts
Hilton Honors Points can be used to book all-inclusive resorts that are part of the Hilton brand.
Redemptions at these properties offer the average value of around 0.6 cents each, BUT... it's all inclusive so you're technically going to get significantly more value if you factor in not having to pay for meals, snacks, drinks, activities, and entertainment.
So while the "booking value" is average, I put all-inclusive a step above your average hotel redemptions because you'll typically save money on other purchases.
Hilton has a total of 8 all-inclusive resorts located in Mexico, Costa Rica, Jamaica, Egypt and Turkey. Those hotels are listed below. You can click on any of them to be taken to each hotel's information page on the Hilton website.
- Mexico: Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort
- Jamaica: Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa
- Egypt: Hilton Sharks Bay Resort
- Egypt: Hilton Marsa Alam Nubian Resort
- Turkey: Hilton Dalaman Sarigerme Resort & Spa
- Turkey: Hilton Bodrum Turkbuku Resort & Spa
All of Hilton's all-inclusive resorts are pretty reasonably priced when it comes to redeeming Hilton Honors Points or paying cash. If you're looking to go all out, I recommend taking a look at their available options.
Other Hilton Honors Points Redemptions
Outside of using your points to book hotels with Hilton, you can also use your points to book car rentals, rides with Lyft, pay for Amazon.com purchases, and more. These redemptions will typically give you a lower value than redeeming your points for hotel stays.
Using your Hilton Honors Points for car rentals will give you an average value of around 0.2 cents per point. Hilton Honors Points can be redeemed for rentals with:
In order to redeem your points for cars with Hilton, you'll need to jump to Hilton's car rental portal and select the option to pay with points. Once you select your pick-up/drop-off location and dates, you'll be given a list of prices for Alamo, Enterprise, and National. The cost in points for basic rentals can cost as much as a free nights at Hilton Hotels which is why I recommend avoiding this redemption if possible.
Rides With Lyft
Hilton Honors Points can be redeemed for Lyft credit at a value of 0.22 cents per point. Redemptions start as low as 4,500 Hilton Honors Points for a $10 credit which. In order to redeem your points, you'll need to use the Lyft Loyalty Wallet portal. You can get the full details by reading up on the Hilton-Lyft Partnership which also covers earning Hilton Points with Lyft and how to link your accounts.
Hilton Honors Points can be redeemed at checkout on Amazon to pay for purchases for a value of 0.2 cents per point which comes out to be 500 Hilton Honors Points for $1. This is a solid way to shave down the cost of your Amazon bill, but it's still significantly low in value when compared to free nights at Hilton properties. If you enjoy shopping on Amazon, I recommend using Amazon's own credit cards which offers 3% to 5% cash back on Amazon.com and Whole Food Stores purchases.
Events at Hilton Properties
If you're hosting an event or meeting at a Hilton Property, you can use your Hilton Honors Points to cover some or all of the cost. Event credits will give your Hilton Honors Points a value of 0.2 cents each with a $50 USD credit costing you 25,000 Hilton Honors Points. You can use your Hilton Points by letting the sales team know when you're booking your event or meeting.
|Hilton Event Credits|
|25,000 Hilton Honors Points||$50 USD|
|50,000 Hilton Honors Points||$100 USD|
|75,000 Hilton Honors Points||$150 USD|
|125,000 Hilton Honors Points||$250 USD|
|250,000 Hilton Honors Points||$500 USD|
Transfer Hilton Points To Partners
Hilton Honors Points can be transferred to over 40 airline programs as well as the Amtrak Guest Rewards program. The value of transferring Hilton Honors Points will vary, but it will typically be really low. This is due to the fact that most of Hilton's transfer partners have either a 10:1 or 10:1.5 transfer ratio. By average standards, 10 Hilton Honors Points, worth $0.60 on average, will give you more value that 1 or 1.5 airline miles which ranges in value from $0.01 to as high as $0.03 for some first and business class redemptions.
You can use the Hilton Honors Points Transfer Partners Calculator to get a full breakdown of transferring points to and from Hilton Honors as well as a breakdown of airline partners by alliance and a list of partner credit cards you can use to earn Hilton Honors Points.
Hilton Points Value Calculator
Use the Hilton Points Value Calculator to calculate the cash value of your Hilton Points based on our average values for each redemption listed. You can enter any amount of points in the field below.
These are the average cash values for Hilton Honors Points when used for free nights at a value of 0.6 cents per point:
|Hilton Points||Cash Value|
|10,000 Points||US $60|
|25,000 Points||US $150|
|50,000 Points||US $300|
|75,000 Points||US $450|
|100,000 Points||US $600|
|120,000 Points||US $720|
|150,000 Points||US $900|
How much are Hilton Honors Points worth on average?
Hilton Honors Points are worth around 0.6 cents on average for free nights, but you can get more or less depending on many other factors.
What's the easiest way to get the best value?
Outside of researching the cost of each hotel individually, the 5th Night Free Benefit will typically boost the average value of your points to around 0.75 to 1 cent in value. You can also get significant value booking Hilton's luxury properties.
What can you use Hilton Honors Points for besides free hotel nights?
Hilton Honors Points can be used for car rentals, rides with Lyft, purchases on Amazon.com, Hilton Experiences, and events at Hilton properties.
Can you use Hilton Honors Points at Hilton's all-inclusive resorts?
Yes. You'll still get an average value of around 0.6 cents per point, but you'll gain additional value out of free meals, drinks, activities, and more.
Can Hilton Honors Points be transferred to partners for better value?
Hilton Honors Points can be transferred to more than 40 partners. Due to Hilton's low transfer ratios, transferring points will usually give you low value. You can use the Hilton Points Transfer Calculator to calculate the transfer of points to/from Hilton.
How many Hilton Honors Points do you need for a free night?
Hilton doesn't have an award chart and they do not have nicely incremented hotel costs. The average low end for Hilton Hotels is around 15,000 points per night while the high end is around 65,000 points per night.