The best value of Hilton Honors Points will come from redeeming them towards free nights at Hilton brand hotels. The Point Calculator calculates Hilton Honors Points to be worth 0.5 cents in value per point meaning that 1,000 points would equal roughly $5.
How much are Hilton Honors points worth? Based on our valuations, about 0.5 cents each on average. This means that 10,000 Hilton Honors points is roughly equal to $5 in value towards free night awards.
Here's The Point Calculators valuations for Hilton Honors points:
|Redemption Options||Redemption Value (in cents)|
|Award Nights||0.4 - 0.6|
Free night rewards: 0.4 to 0.6 cents per point.
Redeeming Hilton Honors Points for free nights at Hilton brand hotels will typically give your points the best value. For award nights, most redemptions will give your points between 0.4 and 0.6 cents in value though it is possible to get higher or lower depending on the property.
Hilton does not have an award chart, so you will not know how much your points are worth until you start booking. At that point you can compare the cash price and award price.
As an example, I searched for award availability in Atlanta for a November weekend and ran the calculations for the first 10 results in the listing.
Hilton 5th night free perk
If you want the best value out of your award redemptions, you'll want to consider Hilton's 5th night free perk. This allows those with Hilton Honors status to book five nights for the cost of four.
Since you'll be saving points on the fifth night, this significantly bumps up the value of redemptions. For example, calculating the average value for the same 10 Atlanta hotels in the previous example came out to 0.52 cents per point which is better overall.
If you're looking to earn status with Hilton, all four of their co-branded credit cards offer complimentary elite status. This includes the no-annual fee Hilton Honors American Express Card (see rates & fees).
Popular redemptions for Hilton points
With Hilton having over 5,200 properties around the world, there's a lot of options when it comes to redeeming Hilton Honors Points. Most redemptions will give your points the same 0.4 to 0.6 cents in average value, though there are times in which high-end/popular properties will offer slightly higher value—especially when combined with the 5th night free perk.
Listed below are a few of the many top properties that Hilton has around the globe that can get you some grand value out of your Hilton Honors Points.
The Maldives is a bucket list location for many looking for the best of the best when it comes to luxury travel. Regardless of which hotel brand you book with, you're bound to get very high value out of your points due to cash prices ranging from $700 and $2,000 (or more) per night.
Hilton has two top-tier properties out in the Maldives:
Hilton has properties all over Europe. Of those many properties, you can get some great value if you plan on visiting Amsterdam or London.
- Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam (Amsterdam, Netherlands)
- The Biltmore Mayfair, LXR Hotels & Resorts (London, England)
Other top Hilton properties
Hilton has many more properties scattered across the globe that can net you some solid value in top destinations.
- Conrad Hong Kong (Hong Kong, China)
- Conrad Bora Bora Nua (French Polynesia)
- Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort (Maui, Hawaii, USA)
Using Hilton points at all-inclusive resorts
Hilton Honors Points can be used to book all-inclusive resorts that are part of the Hilton brand.
Redemptions at these properties offer the average value of around 0.5 cents each, BUT... it's all inclusive so you're technically going to get significantly more value if you factor in not having to pay for meals, snacks, drinks, activities, and entertainment.
So while the "booking value" is average, I put all-inclusive a step above your average hotel redemptions because you'll typically save money on other purchases.
Hilton has a total of 13 all-inclusive resorts located around the world:
- Hilton Cancun, an All-Inclusive Resort (Mexico)
- The Yucatan Playa del Carmen All-Inclusive Resort, Tapestry by Hilton (Mexico)
- Hilton Playa del Carmen, an All-Inclusive Adult Only Resort (Mexico)
- Hilton Tulum Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Resort (Mexico)
- Hilton Vallarta Riviera All-Inclusive Resort (Mexico)
- Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa (Jamaica)
- Hilton La Romana, an All-Inclusive Adult Only Resort (Dominican Republic)
- Hilton La Romana, an All-Inclusive Family Resort (Dominican Republic)
- Mangrove Beach Corendon Curacao All-Inclusive Resort, Curio by Hilton (Curaçao)
- DoubleTree by Hilton Bodrum Isil Club Resort (Turkey)
- Hilton Dalaman Sarigerme Resort & Spa (Turkey)
- DoubleTree by Hilton Antalya-Kemer (Turkey)
- Hilton Marsa Alam Nubian Resort (Egypt)
All of Hilton's all-inclusive resorts are pretty reasonably priced when it comes to redeeming Hilton Honors Points or paying cash. If you're looking to go all out, I recommend taking a look at their available options.
Price It Out: View current rates for Hilton's all-inclusive hotels
Point transfers to airline partners: 0.1 to 0.3 cents per point
Hilton Honors Points can be transferred to over 40 travel partners. The transfer ratio will vary depending on the partner, but most are 10:1 meaning that 10,000 Hilton Honors Points can be converted to 1,000 airline miles.
This isn't the best use of Hilton Honors Points, but it can be a good for topping off your account if you're a few miles short of a redemption.
Hilton Honors Transfer Partners & Conversion Calculator
Car rentals: 0.2 cents per point.
Using your Hilton Honors Points for car rentals will give you an average value of around 0.2 cents per point. Hilton Honors Points can be redeemed for rentals with:
In order to redeem your points for cars with Hilton, you'll need to jump to Hilton's car rental portal and select the option to pay with points. Once you select your pick-up/drop-off location and dates, you'll be given a list of prices for Alamo, Enterprise, and National.
The cost in points for basic rentals can cost as much as a free nights at Hilton Hotels which is why I recommend avoiding this redemption if possible.
Lyft rides: 0.22 cents per point.
Hilton Honors Points can be redeemed for Lyft credits starting at 4,500 Hilton Honors points for a $10 credit. In order to redeem your points for Lyft, you'll need to use the Lyft Loyalty Wallet portal.
Amazon.com purchases: 0.2 cents per point.
Hilton Honors Points can be redeemed at checkout on amazon.com to pay for purchases at a rate of 500 Hilton Honors Points for $1 in Amazon value. This is a solid way to shave down the cost of your Amazon bill, but it's still significantly low in value when compared to free nights at Hilton properties.
If you enjoy shopping on Amazon, I recommend using Amazon's own credit cards which offers 3% to 5% cash back on Amazon.com and Whole Food Stores purchases.
Events at Hilton properties: 0.2 cents per point.
If you're hosting an event or meeting at a Hilton Property, you can use your Hilton Honors Points to cover some or all of the cost. You'll receive a $50 USD credit for 25,000 Hilton Honors points. You can use your Hilton Points by letting the sales team know when you're booking your event or meeting.
Convert Hilton points to dollars
Use the Hilton Honors Points Value Calculator to determine the dollar value of your points when redeemed for hotels, car rentals, Amazon and more. This will give you an idea of how much your points are worth on average.
|Redemption||Average Dollar Value|
|Award nights using 5th night free||$0 - $0|
|Award nights||$0 - $0+|
|Redeeming points for Lyft credits||$0|
|Redeeming points for car rentals||$0|
|Redeeming at checkout with Amazon||$0|
|Using points for events at Hilton properties||$0|
Credit cards that earn Hilton Honors points
Hilton has four co-branded American Express credit cards that can earn you large sums of Hilton Honors Points via intro bonuses. These cards also feature a great lineup of everyday and travel categories.
Hilton's credit cards are consider some of the best hotel credit cards in the market. If you are a Hilton loyalist, I highly recommend having at least one of Hilton's credit cards in your wallet.
Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card
- Earn 14X points on Hilton purchases, 7X points on airfare booked directly with an airline or with amextravel.com, car rentals, and at U.S. restaurants, and 3X points on all other eligible purchases.
- Complimentary Hilton Honors Diamond status, up to $250 in airline incidental credits with a select airline of your choice, up to $250 in Hilton Resort credits annually, $100 Hilton Property Credit on minimum 2-night stays at Waldorf Astoria and Conrad brands, Free Weekend Night Reward annually, and Priority Pass Select Membership.
- Some benefits require enrollment. Terms apply.
- $450 annual fee.
Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card
- Earn 130,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points and one Free Night Reward from Hilton Honors after you spend $2,000 in purchases on the Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 12X points on Hilton purchases, 6X points on purchases made in the U.S. at restaurants, supermarkets, and gas stations, and 3X points on all other eligible purchases.
- Complimentary Hilton Honors Gold Status, 10 complimentary Priority Pass lounge visits per year, and a Free Weekend Night Reward when you spend $15,000 on the card during the year.
- Some benefits require enrollment. Terms apply.
- $95 annual fee. See Rates and Fees
Hilton Honors American Express Card
- Earn 70,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points and a Free Night Reward after you spend $1,000 in purchases on the Card in the first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 7X points on Hilton purchases, 5X points on purchases made in the U.S. at restaurants, supermarkets, and gas stations, and 3X points on all other eligible purchases.
- Complimentary Hilton Honors Silver Status. Enrollment required. Terms apply.
- $0 annual fee. See Rates and Fees
The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 150,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points plus a Free Night Reward after you spend $4,000 in purchases on the Hilton Honors Business Card within the first three months of Card Membership. Offer ends 7/19/23.
- Earn 12X points on Hilton purchases, 6X points on airfare booked directly with airlines or AMEX Travel and on car rentals, 6X points on restaurants, wireless phone providers, gas stations, and shipping purchases all within the US, and 3X points on all other eligible purchases.
- Complimentary Hilton Honors Gold Status, 10 complimentary Priority Pass lounge visits per year, and up to 2 Free Weekend Night Rewards per year.
- $95 annual fee See Rates and Fees
American Express Membership Rewards is the only major U.S. credit card partner of Hilton Honors and points can be transferred to Hilton at a rate of 1,000 AMEX points for 2,000 Hilton Honors points. This opens up the ability to earn lots of Hilton Honors points with some of the best travel credit cards in the market.
Learn More: Transfer Points To Hilton Using These Credit Cards
How much are Hilton Honors Points worth on average?
Hilton Honors Points are worth around 0.5 cents on average for free nights, but you can get more or less depending on many other factors.
What's the easiest way to get the best value?
Outside of researching the cost of each hotel individually, the 5th Night Free Benefit will typically boost the average value of your points to an easy 0.6 to 0.8 cent each.
What can you use Hilton Honors Points for?
Hilton Honors Points can be used for free nights, car rentals, rides with Lyft, purchases on Amazon.com, and events at Hilton properties.
Can you use Hilton Honors Points at Hilton's all-inclusive resorts?
Yes. You'll still get an average value of around 0.5 cents per point, but you'll gain additional value out of free meals, drinks, activities, and more.
Can Hilton Honors Points be transferred to partners for better value?
Hilton Honors Points can be transferred to more than 40 partners.
How many Hilton Honors Points do you need for a free night?
Hilton doesn't have an award chart. The average low end for Hilton Hotels is around 15,000 points per night while the high end is around 65,000 points per night.
How much is 1,000 Hilton Honors points worth?
Based on our valuations, 1,000 Hilton Honors points are worth $5.
How much is 2,000 Hilton Honors points worth?
Based on our valuations, 2,000 Hilton Honors points are worth $10.
How much is 5,000 Hilton Honors points worth?
Based on our valuations, 5,000 Hilton Honors points are worth $25.
How much is 10,000 Hilton Honors points worth?
Based on our valuations, 10,000 Hilton Honors points are worth $50.
How much is 15,000 Hilton Honors points worth?
Based on our valuations, 15,000 Hilton Honors points are worth $75.
How much is 25,000 Hilton Honors points worth?
Based on our valuations, 25,000 Hilton Honors points are worth $125.
How much is 35,000 Hilton Honors points worth?
Based on our valuations, 35,000 Hilton Honors points are worth $175.
How much is 40,000 Hilton Honors points worth?
Based on our valuations, 40,000 Hilton Honors points are worth $200.
How much is 60,000 Hilton Honors points worth?
Based on our valuations, 60,000 Hilton Honors points are worth $300.
We've run the calculations for you and here are our top picks for best credit cards of 2023:
- Best premium card for unlimited miles: Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card.
- Best for flexible travel rewards: Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card.
- Best for everyday spend and travel: Citi Premier® Card.
- Best cash back card for groceries: Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express.
- Best for dining and supermarkets: American Express® Gold Card
- Best for business travel rewards: Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card.
- Best cash back business card: Capital One Spark Cash Plus
Our Credit Card Rewards calculator can help you find the perfect card and offers based on your monthly and yearly spending habits. Simply enter your spend amounts into our tool and let us do the work for you!